Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

non-urgent question re: ante-natal check-up at 36+4

(11 Posts)
northstar Mon 18-Apr-05 13:50:03

I was due to see my gp for a check-up this morning, (havent had check-up for 2weeks) but the surgery is closed as he committed suicide at the weekend. I am not inclined to go knocking on other gp's doors this week, I feel that I will be ok until my hospital app on 25th. Can any-one confirm that is ok? Baby is moving well.

hunkermunker Mon 18-Apr-05 13:52:20

What a shock! Are you under a midwife too? Can you just ring the antenatal ward at your local hospital to check that you're still being 'looked after' and they're still aware you're around?

If you're not feeling the baby move, or you have any worries at all, ring the hospital pronto anyway.

northstar Mon 18-Apr-05 14:01:58

No, I'm not under a midwife as such, in ireland we are seen at certain intervals by the hospital, where the midwives and consultants are based, with more frequent check-ups by gp in between. I'm sure I'll be ok, but just wondered if there was anything in particular to watch out for around this time.

Shazzler Mon 18-Apr-05 14:07:14

Do you know if the baby is in the correct position?

hunkermunker Mon 18-Apr-05 14:38:04

Not sure, so keep bumping and perhaps Mears will see this thread? Please do ring the hospital and see if you can talk to a midwife though.

flamesparrow Mon 18-Apr-05 14:38:53

I'm bumping too

northstar Mon 18-Apr-05 20:38:21

No idea on babys position, how relevant would that be? Sorry for being dumb.

northstar Mon 18-Apr-05 20:38:56

Ps this is my second, so am probably being extra dumb!

Lua Mon 18-Apr-05 20:48:03

Northstar,
I am being checked every two weeks because of the gestational diabetes. With your diabetes, I would think you should be monitored very closely at this point. Are you having any scans soon? I think I would ring the hospital and tell them that you are GPless and see what they say.

Lua Mon 18-Apr-05 20:51:13

And if you are having a large baby, you sure want to know if it is at least head down..... Usually if you are breeched by 36 weeks consultants are starting to talk about ECVs or C/S.

BTW, Hope you are having an OK time with your diet and not feeling too miserable like me .
I have already requested a hamper full of chocolate cheese and bread for the minute this guy pops out!

northstar Mon 18-Apr-05 20:58:52

Lua, the hamper sounds lovely, I have been planning what goodies to buy to hide in my hospital bag, but at this stage I would probably have eaten it six times over by now!
Yes last time I was checked baby was big, maybe I'll phone the hospital tomorrow, or go to another gp. I'd say they are all very busy now this week with our surgery closed and I dont like to get in the way of "real" illnesses iykwim? I'd hate it if they told me to go away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: