Talk

Advanced search

Really embarressing question

(8 Posts)
mummygow Mon 18-Apr-05 10:00:37

Sorry to be so graphic but here goes...

My backpassage entrance is really sore and has been for about a week it is sore when wiping bottom but there is a constant ache from it - I am 12+4 preg - any ideas??

suzywong Mon 18-Apr-05 10:02:20

been riding your bike without the saddle again?

sorry couldn't resist it.. ummmmmmm is this your first pg? could be slack muscles from last one if it's your second pg, happens to the best of us.

Hope you can find some relief

mummygow Mon 18-Apr-05 10:05:38

lol - definateley wouldn't be able to ride a bike just now - yes this is my second preg - I was wondering if it could be piles but dont know the symptoms of this

Tommy Mon 18-Apr-05 10:05:52

Piles? I had them really badly in my second pregnancy

SPARKLER1 Mon 18-Apr-05 10:06:29

Sounds like possible haemorrhoids to me. Poor you.

mummygow Mon 18-Apr-05 10:11:16

what do I do about them?

Tommy Mon 18-Apr-05 10:16:46

You can buy cream - like Anusol - over the counter in a pharmacy or go to GP and get a free prescription. In the meantime, try not to get constipated as this makes them worse. Drink lots of water and prune juice or something to make everything a bit looser down there (you see - I'm an expert - had them from month 4 until baby was born )

hamster Mon 18-Apr-05 10:17:46

piles.
I had 'em too . I went to the docs when I was pg with ds. Though there were no actual signs of anything, the pain in my bum was sooooo bad (sorry to be so graphic-it gets worse)
My doc at the time-horrid old man, "examined me" so to speak, and told me it's possible to get them on the inside.
My midwife tells me the only thing you can do is pelvic floor exercizes, but if you're destined for them, you're destined for them.
Poor you, it's miserable
Try "Preparation H" cream if you can bear to actually go into a shop/chemists and buy some -it works wonders!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now