Talk

Advanced search

raspberry leaf tea...

(8 Posts)
dabihp Fri 15-Apr-05 15:00:25

When can u start drinking it?

And will Twinings Cranberry, Raspberry and Elderflower tea do?

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 15-Apr-05 15:01:19

I think it's 36 or 38 weeks. Someone will have the definate answer for you though.

nailpolish Fri 15-Apr-05 15:02:47

no, go to a health food shop and get the real deal. if you dont like the taste you can get it in tablets instead

suzywong Fri 15-Apr-05 15:04:06

yep 36
and you must drink the lawnclippings stuff like the rest of us

dabihp Fri 15-Apr-05 15:10:52

So, no harm in drinking the Twinnings stuff at 34 weeks then, since it wont do anything, right??

starshaker Fri 15-Apr-05 15:23:54

i found that the capsules made me quite sick so i stopped taking them. u can start taking them a 36 weeks but seeminglyly u can drink the tea from earlier which i find a bit odd

mcmudda Fri 15-Apr-05 22:34:51

The tea as a drink is very low dosage so fine from 34 weeks. Raspberry tea is different from Raspberry leaf tea btw.

I started taking the low dosage capsules at 34 weeks and then changed to the higher dose tablets at 37 weeks. DS was born at 38 weeks and my m/w said it was because of the raspberry leaf tablets bringing on early labour. I got my tablets from Holland and Barrett healthfood shop.

Am now 32 weeks preg and not planning on taking them this time round just in case the midwife was right.

The labelling on the bottles has the guidelines for doasage and the staff in a reputable health food shop should have the info to hand as well.

All the best

maretta Fri 15-Apr-05 23:07:46

I was told by a midwife that it was ok from 34 weeks.

I drank the tea and had the capsules ans still made it to 41.5 weeks. I had a very easy labour though so hopefully it was worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now