Talk

Advanced search

Baby lying very low at 23 weeks

(5 Posts)
TeenyTinyToria Mon 02-Mar-09 23:32:30

I'm 23 weeks just now, and can feel the baby clearly lying very low, a few inches below my belly button. I've had kicks up high before, but now most of them are really low down, actually on my bowel and bladder.

Is this normal? I seem to remember everything moving up with ds by this stage. Sometimes it's quite uncomfortable because I feel the baby pressing down below.

StudentMadwife Mon 02-Mar-09 23:34:22

very normal, your fundal height is still only just above your bellybutton at this stage, so if anything, feeling anything higher up would be not so normalsmile

TeenyTinyToria Mon 02-Mar-09 23:38:34

Thanks - I should really be more clued up seeing as it's my second!

I think baby is somersaulting away, as I have had some kicks up near my belly button, but it also lies across me and pushes it's back out the way - really uncomfortable!

Vitch Sat 06-Jun-09 13:30:53

i'm 19 weeks pregnant with my second baby & this baby is laying extremly low pushing on my bladder & is very uncomfortable. I'm a bit worried about it coz my daughter wasn't laying so low. Glad to know i'm not the only one out there who feels like i should be more clued up coz it's my second, but just remember that every pregnancy is different.
wink

HumphreysCorner Sat 06-Jun-09 18:12:10

I am 23 weeks too and have exactly the same thing which means I am being kicked in the bladder and all nether regions. Having to wee every 1/2 hour. Carried both my girls higher but this is a boy and have been told that boys do lie a lot lower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now