Talk

Advanced search

bladder problems anyone?

(11 Posts)
dibleydoughnut Thu 14-Apr-05 18:40:06

hi i am 28 wks pg and find i need to wee almost constantly it is not so bad at night, it is a nightmare in the daytime, the docs thought i had a urine infection, cos i get an ache as well in my lower tummy and lots of braxton hicks, but the urine results came back clear, they told me i had an irritable uterus, but its a nightmare if i leave the house cos i could be walking down the road fine one minute and then the next have an overwhelming need to find a toilet like straightaway, and then i only pee a small amount, i find its worse if im walking about than sitting down, its a nightmare, im counting down till i have the baby and the uterus shrinks back to normal, cos at the moment it is really getting me down as the uterus presses on the bladder, does anyone else get these problems, cos i feel like a freak, please help!

lynny70 Thu 14-Apr-05 21:54:28

Message deleted

dreamc1 Sun 16-Oct-11 16:58:05

I know this topic is quite old, but is anyone having the same problem? I'm only 14+2. No uti as far as I'm aware.

dreamc1 Mon 17-Oct-11 11:32:04

Bump

kiki22 Mon 17-Oct-11 11:38:02

I get this feels like i'm bursting but when i go to pee it's like a dribble! The other day i went 3 times in an hour at the super market! I don't think theres much that can be done i just go to the loo when ever i pass one if i need to or not it helps.

hells1908 Mon 17-Oct-11 11:49:08

Nightmare isn't it. I've also been suffering from really quite horrendous sickness and just to make matters worse every time I vomit from one end I leak from the other...have developed a technique of sitting on the loo with a bowl in my hands...god this pregnancy lark is fun! Not!!!

Sandra2011 Mon 17-Oct-11 12:03:00

kiki22 I know the feeling. Sometimes I feel like I'm bursting and only few drops come out, other times bursting and there's Niagara falls smile

I don't even want to go to places where I know I cannot find toilets.

21 wks now.

SheRa76 Mon 17-Oct-11 12:46:55

Have had similar problems throughout. 23 weeks now. Some night up 4/5 times some only once and definitively feel like need to go when i walk. Although think it's now the baby causing it- strategically placed kicks to the bladder!

dreamc1 Mon 17-Oct-11 15:10:42

Thanx ladies. It's not so bad when I haven't had anything to drink. It's just so uncomfortable.

beatrice75 Mon 17-Oct-11 16:01:44

Have been having the same problems since week 14. I need to pee every 1 hour maximum and if I hold it too long I risk not being able to pass any at all. I almost ended up having a catheter in. I also leak a bit especially if I don't go regularly every hour. I was told it's similar to what men experience with prostate and down to my muscles being lazy and not toned!! I dread to think how often I'll need to go nearer to term!

stripeybumpinthenight Mon 17-Oct-11 16:06:31

I have 2 issues bladder-wise.

1. If I'm sitting or lying down and I need to go to the loo, I feel so close to peeing myself immediately after beginning to need! I worry that when I manoeuvre myself into an upright position I will wet myself. Hasn't happened yet..

2. When I need a poo, I get hideous cramps like I imagine IBS must be. I thought it was uterine contractions, but I'm pretty sure it's my bowel spasming sad

As Rachel in 'Friends' said, 'it's just such a magical time!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now