Talk

Advanced search

Feel like the most stupid, pathetic preggo in the world :-(

(3 Posts)
ameNbump Fri 27-Feb-09 12:28:42

Hi,

I suppose this is just a sympathy plea really...but I had to be rushed in to the doctors yest, with terrible lower back pains, and (TMI-sorry) a nasty discharge blush. Turns out I have a UTI, which has got pretty nasty and spread to my kidneys, and will account for why I've been feeling so run-down lately ...On top of that I have an infection of the "lady-parts", which is very uncomfortable (it hurts to sit down). I don't dare take time off work because I have a pretty unreasonable manager.angry

I just feel so stupid blush I had managed to convine myself that all the abdominal & lower back pain, as well as the swelling, itching etc, must be part of pregnancy that everyone goes through (having not done it before) and didn't even consider that there could be anything wrong until i could hardly stand yest Does anyone know if these infections can harm the baby? I'm 13+4.

Sorry for the long, pathetic moan, but I just can't believe I've been so stupid as to let it get this far, and now I feel really low DP and I are currently living 250miles apart, and I don't know many people where I live (My family are 400miles away), so MN is my only outlet

Anyone out there?

sarah76 Fri 27-Feb-09 12:33:38

Oh dear, sounds like you are having a miserable time! Don't beat yourself up, you were just trying to get on with your life during pregnancy.

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 27-Feb-09 12:34:46

Don't beat yourself up about it. Its so easy to think that every niggle you get is due to the pregnancy. Most important thing is that you are getting it treated and under the care of a doctor.

I don't think it will cause any harm but always best to confirm with GP first

As for your manager - time you take off in pregnancy for pregnancy related sickness cannot be counted as sick time off - so just say its pregnancy related - not ideal I know but if they are going to kick off, what other choice do you have. You need to rest up and take care of yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now