Talk

Advanced search

lower back pain and leg pain too - a sign of early pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
yellowflowers Wed 18-Feb-09 17:46:09

Hi - I am ttc and on a board there but wondered if any of you could help. I am 4-6 dpo and getting lower back pain - possibly not a pregnancy thing but it is weird, not like anything I have had before but funny shooting weird sensations in back - weird and odd rather than painful. Am feeling it a bit in my leg too when it happens. Does this sound like anything you've had?
Sorry for inarticulacy of my description.

Timeisablindguide Wed 18-Feb-09 17:47:27

Sounds a bit like sciatica! Not a usual symptom of pregnancy I'm afraid, but doesn't mean you're not. Good luck.

brettgirl2 Wed 18-Feb-09 18:04:25

I had what you describe from about 8 weeks but I don't think you'd get it that early.

yellowflowers Wed 18-Feb-09 18:16:47

Hi - i just googled sciatica and it does sound just like that.Hmmmm. Getting occasional twinges in lower abdomen though as well but probably just wishful thinking

Timeisablindguide Wed 18-Feb-09 18:54:48

You never know - you night have both - sciatica and a pregnancy!! smile

I wouldn't think about the pregnancy bit too much 9hard I know) and just sort out whatever's going on with your back - see a gp rather than google searching...you could end up thinking you had all sorts of things!! I've convinced myself of all sorts of illnesses in the past!! grin

good luck anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now