Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Bras - when should you start wearing them?

(7 Posts)
Kiwifruit Mon 11-Apr-05 17:06:40

Hi Ladies - need to consult your collective wisdom again ...

When should you start wearing maternity bras? I'm 16+1 and still wearing my usual underwire bras, however a friend told me that she had read somewhere that underwires are a no no when you're pregnant.

Anyone got any pearls of wisdom for me???

morningpaper Mon 11-Apr-05 17:41:32

I think the official advice is to stop wearing underwired bras because it might damage your developing milk ducts. I am still wearing them though because otherwise I am just going to have a big belly and NO TITS. (I am 15 weeks)

Just be aware that your size might change and if it starts to get uncomfy at all, go and get measured up for something a bit more matronly.

Chandra Mon 11-Apr-05 17:45:39

If I were to be pregnant again I would wear a pregnancy support bra from as soon as my boobs started to change, I feel that if I loose more weight now, I would need to pick them up from the floor (Went from 34B to 38 D so you can imagine the damage)

laneydaye Mon 11-Apr-05 17:52:16

i think from day 1... worked for me... had a couple for night time aswell...
2 kids 36E and very little sag......

Chandra Mon 11-Apr-05 17:52:35

...at night, forgot to add

Iklboo Tue 12-Apr-05 15:14:52

I'm not what you could call small. I'm a 42DD at 10+4 and they're inflating like balloons at a kids' party! DH's eyeline seems to have wandered lower than it ever was but it's a no-no cos they're so sore. Anyone know where I can get maternity (especially sleep) bras in my size that don't cost the friggin' earth? If men had to wear them they'd be available in vending machines I'm sure. I don't want to pay the earth for them, but I need to be comfy.

PsychoFlame Tue 12-Apr-05 15:16:50

I was thinking about this the other day... just about to buy new bras, but starting TTC end of May...

My size didn't change in the slightest last time round, and I want to get the wear out of the new bras!!!

Flame

No advice there, just interested!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now