Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have I had a miscarriage? Any Advise Welcome

(5 Posts)
Cyndii Mon 11-Apr-05 10:49:24

Hi

I'm 6 weeks preg.

Have ds age 31/2. Had a mc Christmas week at 11 weeks blighted ovum.

Last Friday had spotting, went to hospital they did a scan but informed me that even at 6 weeks they still might not see any signs of life. Well they didn't and I've to go back again in 2 weeks (an eternity). Since then I've had two little shows after going to the loo on the loo paper.

Did a test last night and it's still a BFP but I know that the hormones stay in your system for a while even if you have mc.

Now I feel I'm in limbo as I don't know whether I am or if I'm not pregnant??????????? It's hell.... but I have a sneaky feeling that I am not.

cp3 Mon 11-Apr-05 11:07:19

Oh dear Cyndii, how awfull for you having to wait so long. At the moment your not bleeding heavily so thats a good sign. Do you have any pains at all?

Nemo1977 Mon 11-Apr-05 11:10:15

hun it is limbo hell hun as at 6 wks heartbeat cant be detected but by 8 wks it can...please dont give up hope as it is possible to bleed in pg

Cyndii Mon 11-Apr-05 11:44:49

Thanks Girls.......... no pains really.... nothing that could even be classed as pain ~ even thought I was imagining it. but yes it's limbo hell...........

I didn't have heavy bleeding at Christmas either but I'm trying to be positive but then I might be just setting myself up for such a fall....

teabelly Mon 11-Apr-05 17:00:17

Cyndii you can ask your Doctor to do a blood test to check the levels of pregnancy hormones there. In a normal pregnancy these increase as time passes, so you would normally have a test one day, and then a couple of days later have another one...this would at least give you a possible insight into events unfolding before your scan date

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now