Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

just had an early scan! all good but concerned about size

(9 Posts)
ballio Thu 12-Feb-09 17:33:24

Hi all! I just had an early scan as i have had a lot of belly pain, luckily all is fine, there was a tiny think and a beating heart. They told me im more like 6 weeks that 7 as previously thought but the size of it was only 4mm and i read somewhere that it should be around 8mm at 6 weeks
I realise im probably over analising it, as im a terrible worrier! was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or advice to releive my constant worrying!

babyinacorner Thu 12-Feb-09 17:48:46

Hi

I have also just had a scan -they dated me as 6 weeks and it was also 4mm - so we are in the same boat. Surely if the size was of concern the sonographer would have said something?

ballio Thu 12-Feb-09 17:58:21

Oh thanks for that! yeah i suppose she would, i am such a worrier i annoy myself. I shouldnt be allowed anywhere near any pregnancy books! lol. Happy and excited that alls ok

babyinacorner Thu 12-Feb-09 19:18:40

join the club of worriers! it's a nightmare isn't it? I'm getting myself in a state worrying that something is going to go wrong and that I couldn't possibly be this lucky.I hadn't discovered m.net in my first pregnancy and was a lot less stressy! hearing all the horror stories doesn't ease the mind that's for sure

ballio Thu 12-Feb-09 20:15:59

I know what you mean, sometimes you looking for reassurance but there are so many sad stories! im going to stop worrying...........for now at least

babyinacorner Thu 12-Feb-09 20:22:32

good luck with everything smile

Tiredmumno1 Thu 12-Feb-09 21:47:07

Hiya, when i was pregnant with my first ds, i had my first scan i cant remember the exact size as it was 6 yrs ago, they noticed the problem straight away, thats y they do the measurements, so the sonographer would have got a consultant to take a look if the measurements were out. I had to go for scans every fortnight until i gave birth, when that happened they told me it was the dates the were slightly out so he was a cpl of weeks early. As i was induced.

oopsRonanOGarascoconuts Thu 12-Feb-09 21:53:24

Please remember that scans have an on average 20% accuracy rate and 20% of 4mm is an enormous amount in comparison to 20% of 100m. I had my scan at 7+3 of my dates - the dated me at 5 weeks, if that, but saw a beating heart beanie was 2.8mm so much smaller than she should have been fo my dates - I spent 3 weeks in a worry until the follow up scan when I measure 10+3 as my dates suggested not 8 weeks as the first scan said. My 2.8mm bean is now a huge 13lb 6month old DD.

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S

oopsRonanOGarascoconuts Thu 12-Feb-09 21:54:48

inaccuracy rate not accuracy rate - baby brain - beware it will catch up you!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: