Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Excess amniotic fluid at 34 weeks, scary as mw said it could be due to baby having a blind oesophagus. Help!

(2 Posts)
Spotsanddots Thu 12-Feb-09 12:20:44

I am 34 weeks and have been measuring about 4 weeks further on. My Midwife sent me for a scan and the amniotic fluid is very high 26cm. The baby is breech too. She said that the fluid may be high due to a problem with the baby being unable to swallow properly , she called it a blind oesephagus. She only mentioned it and when i got home i felt really worried. I have another scan in 2 weeks and they are hoping the levels will have dropped. I hardly slept last night after reading what having extra fluid could mean. Anyone been in this position? I would really appreciate your replies.

cmotdibbler Thu 12-Feb-09 12:21:51

My friend had this - turned out the baby was fine, and just one of those strange fluid things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now