Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

co-proxamol

(10 Posts)
starshaker Sun 10-Apr-05 21:44:04

hi was just wandering if co-proxamol was ok to take while pregnant

colditzmum Sun 10-Apr-05 21:45:42

no, I would not think so, I think it is far too strong.

They are thinking about taking it off the market altogether because it has too many side effects, so I would say no to taking it whilst pregnant.

starshaker Sun 10-Apr-05 21:46:39

bugger its the only painkiller ive got left and i have toothache

SoupDragon Sun 10-Apr-05 21:46:45

NOt recommended

colditzmum Sun 10-Apr-05 21:47:32

I think you can use clove oil whilst pregnant, and even though it tastes foul it is really quite effective, so good luck!

misdee Sun 10-Apr-05 21:47:59

just take paracetamol for now, if you can. speak to the gp tomorrow abouyt codeine. had to take it with dd2 due to severe back pain, but didnt like taking it (was in the final 4 weeks) as i was worried about the effect on her.

starshaker Sun 10-Apr-05 21:49:24

what can they do im in last week of pregnancy

misdee Sun 10-Apr-05 21:51:13

not too sure, but as i could've become addicted to them, then was worried she might be as well. read a thing on the internet which scared me, but now i take things iread with a pinch of salt.

singyswife Sun 10-Apr-05 22:26:46

Hi

I beleive that codeine and brofen while pregnant can cause breathing difficulties in babies although I think this is if you take it long term. Do you have a 24 hour surgery number you could ring. Or phone the midwife at the hospital and ask them they should be able to advise you. Hope you feel better soon.

frogs Sun 10-Apr-05 22:35:36

I had to take co-proxamol for severe backpain while preg. with dd1, but that was in the middle weeks of pregnancy and on prescription only.

IIRC it is contraindicated in early preg, and also in very late pregnancy, as it could affect the baby (drowsiness and breathing probs.)

Don't do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now