Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Painful fingers and thumbs at 34 weeks - should I be worried?

(2 Posts)
Dotty38 Thu 12-Feb-09 10:26:29

Looking for some reassurence really. In the last week I've developed the most painful joints in my fingers and thumbs. It has started to wake me up at night as catching my hands on the bed clothes shocks me with the pain. In the morning I can barely move my hands then after about an hour they start to get better and it eases off during the day. I've never had any joint problems before.

My fingers are quite swollen and have been for the last 4 weeks or so, so it could be to do with the water retention I suppose.

Has anyone else heard of this. Not sure whether to go and see the doc about it or just wait to see midwife at next schedualed appointment which is in a week or so.

lulu41 Thu 12-Feb-09 13:23:20

Sounds a bit like carpal tunnel syndrome - I had a variation of this with both my pregnancies stiff fingers etc but it went after giving birth - discuss at your next midwives appointment

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: