Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone suffering from headaches?

(9 Posts)
Lulabelle1 Wed 11-Feb-09 10:59:12

I am 11 weeks pregnant today and I seem to have been suffering from a few headaches, I know this is sometimes caused if I don't eat every few hours due to low blood sugar, has anyone had any similar experiences?

mum2b09 Wed 11-Feb-09 12:42:38

Early on in my pregnancy i got really bad headaches to the point where if i lifted my head i felt like my head was in a vice beaing squashed lol. Make sure ur drinking lots of fluids headaches can sometimes be caused by dehidration.. headaches are pretty normal during pregnancy and mine did wear off, mention it to your mw although im sure she will just tell you to take something for the pain if they get unbareable xxxx

LeninGrad Wed 11-Feb-09 12:43:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mum2b09 Wed 11-Feb-09 12:45:34

Heres some tips i found to reduce headaches during early pregnancy hope they help ...

Watch what you eat – Try to avoid monosodium glutamate, cured meats, strong cheeses and of course alcohol, which are all common headache triggers.

Get grazing – Keep your blood sugar constant by eating little and often.

Drink up – Sip plenty of water throughout the day to prevent yourself becoming dehydrated and avoid caffeine.

Put the kettle on – If you're working at a computer, take regular breaks to rest your eyes.

Take it easy – Stand up slowly to prevent sudden drops in blood pressure.

Clear your lungs – Aim to get outdoors regularly for plenty of fresh air.

Stay active – Take daily exercise, whether that's lengths at the local pool or a stroll in the park.

Have a siesta –Make sure you get enough sleep, which may mean going to bed earlier or taking naps throughout the day.

good luck hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pomi Wed 11-Feb-09 18:49:29

I suffered from headaches in my early pregnancy but could not discover the actual reason for it.

Pinkbump3 Wed 11-Feb-09 18:52:56

im 30 weeks and suffered them in the beginning and now the last couple of weeks they have returned mw says its down to hormone levels rising and headache will subside when your body gets used to the new levels! apparently a good thing hmm

Unless accompained with other symptoms eg high blood pressure,visual disturbance,swelling etc.

Lulabelle1 Wed 11-Feb-09 22:52:28

Hi girls, thanks for the tips, I will bear them in mind.

Thanks. L x

Amapoleon Wed 11-Feb-09 22:53:48

I had headaches in early pregnancy and for me it was a sign that my blood pressure was up. May be worth getting it checked.

LeninGrad Wed 11-Feb-09 22:55:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now