Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Buttercup coff mixture

(4 Posts)

I have developed a horrible tickly coff angry and have some buttercup cough medicine, i have tried looking up on t'internet if it is safe to take but couldn't find anything! could anyone enlighten me as to whether it is safe.

Northernlurker Mon 09-Feb-09 20:02:49

Our box says you should consult a doctor or pharmacist. Dh (father a pharmacist0 suggests you ring Boots. Dd1 says don't take it's vile! I wouldn't take it tbh.

ceb80 Mon 09-Feb-09 20:11:29

When I tried to buy some in Tesco the pharmacist wouldn't let me because it contains alcohol. Seeing as some people drink small amounts through pregnancy I would have thought it was ok but he recommended Simple Linctus instead. I'm in 3rd trimester btw which may make a difference.

Stormfly Mon 09-Feb-09 21:26:47

Before I knew I was pregnant with dc1, I took a dose of Buttercup syrup for a cough. When I mentioned it to the pharmacist, he gave me a telling-off so I guess he wouldn't recommend it. Check with a pharmacist - in the meantime, honey is supposed to help, although I find chocolate better for coating the throat and helping a tickly cough. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now