Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Valentines whale!!!

(16 Posts)
mum2b09 Thu 05-Feb-09 15:36:30

hi girls 35 weeks pg not long left now!!

just wondered if anyone had found any websites with non frumpy maternity dresses? as we all know valentines day is just around the corner and i fancied a new dress to cheer me up ino its abit pointless now as i havent got long left but its valentines day i dont want to feel like a whale next to all the other lovely ladies in the resteraunt haha

also my bf has been unbelieveably patient as weve barely had sex atal right the way trhough the pregnancy and none atall for the last month or two (mean i know) but i just havent had the energy or wanted to atall.. i was thinking maybe id make an exception for valentines day but is it still okay for me to have sex ill be about 36-37 weeks by then wont i lol

any suggestions on how to make yourself feel abit more atractive as atm i feel liek a huge beach whale waiting to pop!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MrsJoeMcIntyre Thu 05-Feb-09 15:41:02

Asos has launched a lovely maternity line. God, people must think I work for them, I don't, honestly!

YouKnowNothingoftheCrunch Thu 05-Feb-09 15:43:04

Not cheap but very pretty

mum2b09 Thu 05-Feb-09 15:44:43

haah thanx girls i hateee these horrible frump dresses i seem to find everywhere :D x

MrsJoeMcIntyre Thu 05-Feb-09 15:45:45

gorge

MrsJoeMcIntyre Thu 05-Feb-09 15:46:14

also

mum2b09 Thu 05-Feb-09 16:58:21

obv i wouldnt wear this with nothing underneath because its so short im onli 18 but still thats abit much but what do you think and what would you wear underthis dress

worriedamy Thu 05-Feb-09 17:13:49

Erm, I dont this you could wear anything underneath it with the lace design. Have you looked at the measurements tho- it might not be that short cos the model does look quite tall. I'm 23- id wear it, it looks nice. If you wear flats too, they dont make your legs look at slim, but they dont make the dress look as short either tho!

brettgirl2 Thu 05-Feb-09 17:41:13

I can't believe that at that stage of pregancy you'd consider anything but flats, I must be really old. grin

What about Topshop - I got a Christmas party dress from there.

mum2b09 Thu 05-Feb-09 18:14:06

yeah i liked the dress and didnt think you could wear anyhting under it myself im onli 5ft 1 and thats adding a few cms haha i couldnt wear flats by bf is 6ft 3 we look silly if we go out 2gether and i wear flats. i dont mind in the daytime but of a night i prefer 2 wear heels. my mum thinks im mad i got a pair of platform carvellas to wear for xmas. obv im very careful its the only way iv managed to stay feeling myself haha xxxx

mum2b09 Thu 05-Feb-09 18:15:35

do you prefer the purple dress above or [[http://www.lipsy.co.uk/Store/grecian-contrast--dress-dark-slate-blush/Collection/Dresses/PartyDres ses/Style-is-Babydoll+Dresses/product-is-DR01796_041 this dress] i know its not maternity but none of my dresses r really just a bigger size than id normally get xx

mum2b09 Thu 05-Feb-09 18:16:25

do you prefer the purple dress above or ses/Style-is-Babydoll+Dresses/product-is-DR01796_041 this dress
sorry didnt type it right xx

mum2b09 Thu 05-Feb-09 18:17:32

oh well that link doesnt seem to be bringing up the dress but if you click it and have a look for a grey and peach dress its called grecian or something n let me no wa u think hah a:d xx

worriedamy Fri 06-Feb-09 09:02:57

Dunno, these are a bit more expensive, I think the ones from asos were nice!

I dont think there is anything wrong with your boyf looking loads taller than you btw! Mine is only 5 ft 7 and I am 5 ft 5, so if I wear heels I am taller than him! But handy for wearing his combats and stuff at the mo!!

Why dont you just get a plain black/ grey dress and accessorise to the max?!!?!? Then you can use all your accessories as much as you want!!

bunnymother Fri 06-Feb-09 09:36:02

Hi Mum2b09, I love that purple dress from ASOS and have already earmarked it as something to buy soon - looks fantastic. I think the Lipsy one is beautiful, too, and the one that I would buy for Valentine's dinner, but either will look gorgeous. The only thing about non-maternity dresses - do they ride up over your bump? Although if you are 5'1", then perhaps the dresses will be longer on you than the model, so OK if they ride up a bit?

I am still wearing heels when I go out, too, but am only 23 weeks. Am hopeful I can continue to pull them out from time to time right to the very end!

Happy shopping!

thelollipoplady Fri 06-Feb-09 10:06:38

The asos range is great - I have this one which also comes in pink and black, and this one as well - both of which I wore long before I looked really pregnant, they were just so flattering and gorgeous. They look so cute with a bump, and will work really well for those flabby tummy months afterwards. And they're bargain price! 3 cheers for asos!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: