Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 weeks pregnant still being sick and constant heartburn please help

(11 Posts)
beeny Wed 04-Feb-09 21:45:07

As per the title please offer any tips is medication safe now?I am desperate

Rascal1979 Thu 05-Feb-09 09:58:14

Beeny has this just started?

Where is your heartburn?

CatIsSleepy Thu 05-Feb-09 09:59:46

you can take gaviscon in pregnancy can't you? can you get to the doctor? you could get it on prescription I think

IwishIwasamermaid Thu 05-Feb-09 10:01:36

Poor you, its grim isn't it?

I was sick with both my pregnancies and was on metoclopramide for sickness from 8 weeks and ranitidine for reflux from about 23 weeks both times, both DC's are fine smile

GP was reluctant to prescribe anything but my obstetrician was happy and couldn't understand women suffering when the medication, in his opinion, was safe.

belgo Thu 05-Feb-09 10:02:01

same questions as Rascal.

Chest pain can sometimes be a sign of preeclampsia, and it's often desctribed as heartburn/indigestion type pain.

iwantitnow Thu 05-Feb-09 10:02:38

In the same boat - drink alot of gaviscon after each meal. Found actimel and smoothies have helped recently. Eating small meals often and not too late at night. Its dreadful, I've had morning sickness since 5 weeks and now at 34 weeks I'm still being sick and the heartburn is chronic. Just think not too long to go...

beeny Thu 05-Feb-09 15:16:31

thanks everyone blood pressure is low to normal will ask about medication gaviscon makes me sick am taking rennies.

heavenstobetsy Thu 05-Feb-09 15:20:43

Have you tried the aniseed flavour gaviscon? I know it sounds grim but it didn't make me feel anywhere near as sick as the mint flavour

beeny Thu 05-Feb-09 15:35:19

Thanks your right does sound grim but then everything seems grim to me.

brettgirl2 Thu 05-Feb-09 17:18:47

Go to the doctors (not MW) and get them to prescribe you Omeprazole. That will stop you getting heartburn, I promise. Make sure that you tell the doc that gaviscon doesn't work and that you have tried eating little and often. At the very worst they should give you some rinitidine which will probably make your life at least more bearable.

hbecks Tue 10-Nov-09 09:34:27

I'm 31 weeks was sick in the night & this morning, didnt really eat too much before bed, so unsure why im being sick & if its best to call my midwife?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now