Talk

Advanced search

Is baby too active??

(11 Posts)
CrazyDi Thu 07-Apr-05 23:02:23

silly question but I am 39 + 2 now and baby is moving more than ever tonight...its really fastt jerky movements-more than ive ever felt and its really uncomfy. He doesnt normally move so fast and vigorously..is this normal so late on??

sorry if a silly question

doobsy Fri 08-Apr-05 00:08:35

hiya, i am at the same stage in pregnancy as you are and my baby goes a bit mad like that from time to time and it can be quite uncomfortable. If you are worried perhaps give your midwife a phone in the morning to put your mind at rest

Roobie Fri 08-Apr-05 00:55:58

Yep, I'm 38+5 and baby is currently going haywire (hence late post!) - I always thought that they slowed down this late on due to the lack of space etc - maybe the lack of space lends itself to quicker more jerky movements though?

cathncait Fri 08-Apr-05 05:06:16

Hi
my dd2 was particulary like this. She wa actually rolling from side to side every few minutes whilst I was in labour! The midwives were just trying to keep up with her and were always trying to find her heartbeat (not cos anything was wrong - she just kept moving). i remember worrying that she was moving too much at the end of my pregnancy too but she was AOK.
Don't worry - its all normal
Hope it all goes well for you

merglemergle Fri 08-Apr-05 07:52:15

This may be a baseless rumour but I have heard that the more active a baby is in pregnancy, the better the chance of it being a good sleeper...

prettyfly1 Fri 08-Apr-05 16:46:50

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THAT BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a real little terror of a bump who just doesnt want to sleep. ever. all day every day i am kicked and beaten. i am thirty six plus two. please let it be true that i will be compensated by a quiet baby!!!!!!!!!

katierocket Fri 08-Apr-05 16:48:17

"This may be a baseless rumour but I have heard that the more active a baby is in pregnancy, the better the chance of it being a good sleeper..."

sorry, utter reverse in my case, manic inside, terrible sleeper outside... I don't think these old wives tales have any basis in truth.

Clayhead Fri 08-Apr-05 17:06:06

ditto katierocket

manic on the inside, manic on the outside holds true in this house...

merglemergle Fri 08-Apr-05 17:08:40

Oh well. Ds wasn't too active before being born, and never slept afterwards, this one is hugely actively and if she does not sleep then I will have to leave the country. lets keep our fingers crossed prettyfly.

prettyfly1 Mon 11-Apr-05 11:06:56

oh good lord. Mind you my mother thinks it is great. I made her life hell apparently with all my nighttime activity before and after birth and she is so looking forward to me going through it too. Wait till he is eighteen that is what i say. Oh he will pay for that!!!!!

BROWNY Mon 11-Apr-05 11:12:04

Hi, my ds (now 10 months old) was just the same and I could never sleep - so my tip is to drink camomile tea like it's going out of fasion - it makes you sleepy and it also calms down bump!

p.s. My ds is such a good sleeper, no-one can believe me!! hope the same for you too!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now