Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Most neurotic mum to be thread ever...

(9 Posts)
Poppet45 Sat 31-Jan-09 11:45:35

So our fat cat scored a direct hit on the left side of my tiny, tiny bump yesterday and I've been slightly worried ever since. The mog couldn't have seriously hurt our 12 week old bellydweller could it?

I've had no pain, no discharge, nothing untoward just keep fretting about it. I know it's stupid and I'm so embarassed for myself! But I'd really like it if someone could reassure me.

And to think I used to be a sane and rational woman....

Does this win an award for most ridiculous post? blush

bananapaddlepop Sat 31-Jan-09 11:46:44

You'll be fine...stop fretting.

mumface Sat 31-Jan-09 11:49:31

I would't worry it's all very protected.I'm 17 wks & have lost count of the amount of times my 23mth DS has accidently kicked my bump.Cats can sense something is different,might be a bit jelous!

AliceTheCamelHasGotTheHump Sat 31-Jan-09 11:57:49

I shall share a story to reassure you: I was about 7 months pregnant with a big, prominent bump. I was folding washing in the spare room while my 1 year old jumped on the bed. 1 year old missed her footing and bounced at the wrong angle, so she was going to not only fall off the bed, but crack her head on the radiator as she went. It happened in slow motion. Withing thinking for a second I threw myself across the room in an impressive rugby dive. I scooped 1 year old out of the air and... landed with a full body weight thunk on my pregnant belly. Not even my arms to save me as they were full of 1 year old.

Not to be advised perhaps, but everything was fine.

Poppet45 Sat 31-Jan-09 12:05:37

Thanks from a ridiculous neurotic woman. Darn these hormones.

chaya5738 Sat 31-Jan-09 17:37:39

I wouldn't worry. When I had my first scan at about 14 weeks the sonography pressed really hard repeatedly on my bump to try to get the baby to move so she could see it better. It was actually quite sore for me and I definitely wouldn't press that hard on my stomach myself but on the screen the baby barely budged! He/she looked perfectly content!

brettgirl2 Sat 31-Jan-09 19:11:25

I had a similar stress at 14 weeks after an argument with a supermarket trolley. I think if the LOs were that delicate in the womb then the human race would have died out thousands of years ago

Reesie Sun 01-Feb-09 00:14:59

My 2 year old constantly scrambles onto my lap - my 28 week bump is often kneed and kicked. Your 12 week fetus is actually completely protected by your pelvis at the moment - hasn't even gone into your abdominal cavity. It would take a massive whack (ie drop from a tall building or being run over by a car) to cause him any problems!!

strawberrie Sun 01-Feb-09 09:33:57

Please don't worryy - the sonographer explained to me at 10 week scan that your uterus is similar to a rugby ball; it's designed to withstand a few knocks. I'm sure all is fine smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now