Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone know - does/can fetal heart rate drop a little towards end of term, is this normal?

(4 Posts)
chocmint Fri 30-Jan-09 22:19:23

I am 39 wks pg and the baby's heart rate is usually 140-150 or thereabouts, however twice this week it has registered at 125 & 130.

Is it normal/usual that the HR reduce the nearer it gets to term?

Also, it has moved less this week (although it has been seen on a scan and also felt (palapated??) by two different MWs, so I'm not worried something drastic has happened obviously, it's just with the lowered HR plus less movement means I'm a bit concerned.

What's it doing in there?!

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 30-Jan-09 22:27:39

movement does drop just before birth IIRC, don't know about heart rate as mine was only monitored during birth.

chocmint Fri 30-Jan-09 22:30:24

Thanks FH&L, sometimes we can know too much can't we!!! (if HR hadn't been taken this week I'd be none the wiser about any small variations)

chocmint Fri 30-Jan-09 22:30:59

Sorry, FS&H!!!

FH&L?!?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: