Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy after C-Section - How long to wait?

(5 Posts)
Audra Wed 06-Apr-05 12:12:25

My daughter is 6 months old today and I am keen to, if all goes as planned, have a second child not too long after the first. I have been told by a friend who also had a C-Section that I should wait 2 years! My Doctor tells me 6 months.

Has anyone had any advice/experiences?

Chuffed Wed 06-Apr-05 16:05:32

My doctor says 1 year but have been ttc since 6mths with no luck so far. (dd 1yr now).

There was a post about this a while back can't remember exactly but there were a few people who got pregnant quite quickly and had no problems.

piglit Wed 06-Apr-05 17:08:53

I was told to wait 6 months as well. However, my ds is 5 months old and I am 6 weeks pg. I've been told that I'll have an extra scan or 2 to make sure the placenta doesn't attach to the scar tissue. In an ideal world we ought to give our bodies time to heal but a very wise (gynae) friend of mine said that if our bodies couldn't carry the pg then we simply wouldn't become pg. I'm not sure whether my m/c risk is higher because of my recent c-section but I'm keeping quiet about this pg just in case.

Hope that helps.

morningpaper Wed 06-Apr-05 17:10:32

I think you should wait 2 years - but that's nothing to do with having a c-section...

mumof4kids Sat 09-Apr-05 14:18:36

I had a c-section and then fell pregnant with no. 2 when my first was 10 months old, everything went smoothly and i had no probs at all, in actual fact it was the best pregnancy out of the four that i've had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now