My daughter is 6 months old today and I am keen to, if all goes as planned, have a second child not too long after the first. I have been told by a friend who also had a C-Section that I should wait 2 years! My Doctor tells me 6 months.
I was told to wait 6 months as well. However, my ds is 5 months old and I am 6 weeks pg. I've been told that I'll have an extra scan or 2 to make sure the placenta doesn't attach to the scar tissue. In an ideal world we ought to give our bodies time to heal but a very wise (gynae) friend of mine said that if our bodies couldn't carry the pg then we simply wouldn't become pg. I'm not sure whether my m/c risk is higher because of my recent c-section but I'm keeping quiet about this pg just in case.
I had a c-section and then fell pregnant with no. 2 when my first was 10 months old, everything went smoothly and i had no probs at all, in actual fact it was the best pregnancy out of the four that i've had.