Talk

Advanced search

Hubby going back so so can I.......

(8 Posts)
trinityrocks Wed 06-Apr-05 10:46:43

ask to be induced. I know a minute ago I was wotrrying about them forcing me but hubby's pat leave ends in 14 days and their is no sign of anything happening. I have a midwife app. today at 12. Could I ask to have something done to get it started?????
Also my mum is here to help me and she can't stay for much longer!!
I really feel like I need to have the baby whilst they are still here as I suffered severely from PND the last time and really want to try to cover all bases (lots of support) and get this one off to a good start IYKWIM

biglips Wed 06-Apr-05 10:48:46

my DP started his Pat leave the day i came home (i was in hossy for 6 days due to c-section and i asked him to go back to work as there was nothing he could do whilst i was in hossy)

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 10:48:58

Why has your DH's paternity leave started before the baby's born?

SkiBunnyFlummy Wed 06-Apr-05 10:53:58

hossy !!!

you have got to be Australian!!

back to the thread

samething happened to me: we ha two lovely weeks before baby born together. baby finally arrived nerly 3 weeks late. DP back at work

coulnd't do anything else he runs the company and had enough trouble clearing diary in advance.

trinityrocks Wed 06-Apr-05 11:02:36

He's a Warrant Officer in the Navy and it was hard enough to get him some time off in the first place!!!!!!!!

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 11:07:58

Ah, I understand now. You can ask them to do a sweep, maybe? (Basically the midwife has a rummage round the membranes through your cervix - can be uncomfy, but can also get things started). Sex is also good for getting things started (but not before you go for a sweep - ew!).

Hope things happen for you sooner rather than later.

lockets Wed 06-Apr-05 11:17:46

Message withdrawn

trinityrocks Wed 06-Apr-05 11:43:31

I'm 40+3 today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now