Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hubby going back so so can I.......

(8 Posts)
trinityrocks Wed 06-Apr-05 10:46:43

ask to be induced. I know a minute ago I was wotrrying about them forcing me but hubby's pat leave ends in 14 days and their is no sign of anything happening. I have a midwife app. today at 12. Could I ask to have something done to get it started?????
Also my mum is here to help me and she can't stay for much longer!!
I really feel like I need to have the baby whilst they are still here as I suffered severely from PND the last time and really want to try to cover all bases (lots of support) and get this one off to a good start IYKWIM

biglips Wed 06-Apr-05 10:48:46

my DP started his Pat leave the day i came home (i was in hossy for 6 days due to c-section and i asked him to go back to work as there was nothing he could do whilst i was in hossy)

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 10:48:58

Why has your DH's paternity leave started before the baby's born?

SkiBunnyFlummy Wed 06-Apr-05 10:53:58

hossy !!!

you have got to be Australian!!

back to the thread

samething happened to me: we ha two lovely weeks before baby born together. baby finally arrived nerly 3 weeks late. DP back at work

coulnd't do anything else he runs the company and had enough trouble clearing diary in advance.

trinityrocks Wed 06-Apr-05 11:02:36

He's a Warrant Officer in the Navy and it was hard enough to get him some time off in the first place!!!!!!!!

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 11:07:58

Ah, I understand now. You can ask them to do a sweep, maybe? (Basically the midwife has a rummage round the membranes through your cervix - can be uncomfy, but can also get things started). Sex is also good for getting things started (but not before you go for a sweep - ew!).

Hope things happen for you sooner rather than later.

lockets Wed 06-Apr-05 11:17:46

Message withdrawn

trinityrocks Wed 06-Apr-05 11:43:31

I'm 40+3 today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: