Talk

Advanced search

Which is meant to carry higher - girls or boys?!?...

(11 Posts)
pebblecat Tue 27-Jan-09 13:12:01

Also, did your "bump" turn out to be the gender you thought it would be based on the way you carried?

Just for fun - just wondering!!!

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 27-Jan-09 13:14:57

Yes. With DS I had a compact bump all at the front....from behind I still had a waist and you couldnt tell I was pregnant.

With DD my bump was more spread out around the sides, I completely lost any waist I had and generally put on weight everywhere and lots of it !!

suwoo Tue 27-Jan-09 13:17:25

What kidcreole said grin.

Gorionine Tue 27-Jan-09 13:24:52

first pregnancy everybody told me I was going to have a boy because my bump was "pointy" instead I had a VERY girly girl.

Second pregnancy I felt like it was a girl again, DS pointed is lovely nose out.

third pregnancy felt like second so I thought I would have a boy...and I was...RIGHT!

fourth time I thought here we go for another little boy and it weas another lovely girl!

pebblecat Tue 27-Jan-09 13:28:08

Hmmm!

I have put on lots of weight but my bump is like a space hopper! It is a perfect oval all the way round (you can see the ridge of the edge of the bump like a perfect "O".

It's right under my boobs and is super high (even at 38 weeks). From the side it's a perfect "C" shape!! (I say perfect not to reflect my bump but in reflection of how closely it resembles the shape of the capital letters grin)

Whaddya reckon?!?!?

Have a guess and I'll report back in 2/3/4 weeks time!!

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 27-Jan-09 13:31:21

Girl!

Snooch Tue 27-Jan-09 13:39:09

I firmly believe it's YOUR shape that affects the way you carry - with DS1 I carried fairly low and all round the front. Am now 31 weeks pregnant with DS2 and am carrying even lower this time and all round the front again but with two weird bulges on the sides - my bump kind of "hangs" it's so low - my midwife told me that it's typical of women who have been pregnant before as one's abdominal muscles are extremely lax and your bump isn't held as neatly together as before. Think the size of your pelvis and waist etc all has a lot to do with your overall bump shape as well.

Must say pebblecat, your bump sounds lovely And of COURSE it's perfect - they all are!

ranirani Tue 27-Jan-09 13:39:24

I am 37+4 , pebblecat, and I also have very nice round sticking out like anything bump. I have put on loads of weight but it all infront and few times when I was at chemists receptionist over the counter would go: this costs this much; when I was getting it on prescription. and then me: I am not paying,- pointing at my bump grin and them: oh, I could not see it, m sorry! grin point is that if you look at me straight on you won't even see the bump, I still have pretty good waist; but as soon as i turn around: it is huuuuuge!!! shock
My DH always thought that we are having a girl ( I think he likes the idea of a little thing in frilly dresses ), but 98% of people when see me say: you are having a boy! even some random strangers!! hmm we cant wait to find out what we are having.......I guess it will be a nice surprise.

good luck with labour, this is my first one ....

pebblecat Tue 27-Jan-09 13:56:56

I will post back and let you know KCATC!

Ahh, thanks, Snooch! Good luck with your DC2!! I may have to get some tips from you if it's a boy! (I know nothing about little boys!)

Also very good luck to you ranirani!! You have an optical illusion bump, hee!

CHEQUERSmate Tue 27-Jan-09 13:58:36

I had a low bump that was all in front and everyone said it was a boy bump but she was a girl.

Your bump shape has got more to do with your own individual body shape than anything else.

Snooch Tue 27-Jan-09 14:14:15

Pebblecat - Tip Number 1: Start stocking up on the energy tonics... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now