Talk

Advanced search

37 weeks...slight pain in my vagina...does anyone know what it could be ?

(10 Posts)
MamanFlo Tue 05-Apr-05 20:17:21

Hi Mums and Mums-to-be

I am 18 to my due date now and since this week end I feel a slight pain in my vagina, without bleeding. It's more muscular than an irritation pain and it's growing slowly...should I be worried ? Is it anything you have experienced ? ...

thanks for your help !

Flo (slightly anxious...

norash40 Tue 05-Apr-05 20:21:18

Hey Flo, was it a sharp pain?

norash40 Tue 05-Apr-05 20:24:12

I have been having sharp painns in the virgina from about 37 weeks, but all is still well and I am 41 weeks today.

If you feel worried about it I suggest you ask your midwife or dr at next visit. I asked mine as I too was worried but all seemed well.

tigi Tue 05-Apr-05 20:26:14

i had pains when 34 weeks, and was found to be dialating. Kept in overnight, and given steroids, with the warning of an imminent birth, but he hung on until 39 weeks!

tillykins Tue 05-Apr-05 20:28:24

Wonder if baby is pushing on a nerve?

MamanFlo Tue 05-Apr-05 20:30:58

I don't find it sharp (but I think I have quite a good resistance to pain)...It's been 2hours though that I feel it's kind of dilatating...wouldn't be a problem though (everything's ready !!)

norash40 Tue 05-Apr-05 20:49:28

Exact same feeling as me (I think), I thought I was dilating but was soon informed to my disappointment that my cervix was still not soft (medium) whatever that is.

I was just about to say the same thing to you. About all being ready at this stage. Oh well let's just hope it's all ok.

HappyMumof2 Tue 05-Apr-05 20:54:16

Message withdrawn

MamanFlo Tue 05-Apr-05 22:08:00

thanks for your answers and experience...I'll see tomorrow if the pain has increased further and call the clinic just in case...

MamanFlo Tue 05-Apr-05 22:31:13

my french mates are saying that it could be varicoses ! freaky !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now