Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I drop everything I touch... anyone else found this as a pregnancy symptom?

(20 Posts)
Pinkmarshmallow Thu 22-Jan-09 18:58:01

I drop literally everything I touch. Sometimes then even after picking it up, (not easy at 35wks with bad PGP/SPD sad )I drop it immediately afterwards again. Grrrr! At first it was a bit of a joke but now it is getting really annoying. One day I started counting the number of times I dropped stuff but even by mid-morning, I had lost count already. Just wondering does this happen to anyone else? And more importantly.... will it go away after birth? ( Don't wanna drop the baby! shock )

lovelymama Thu 22-Jan-09 19:06:56

Very, very common...had the same thing and was so worried but midwife said it was completely normal, though I can't remember the name of it. I dropped the kettle and was worried that I'd never be able to feel things properly again. Within days of having DS all returned to normal. Finger swelling didn't go down for at least 6 weeks though so was a while before I could put my rings on again!

mogwai Thu 22-Jan-09 19:11:14

Is it called Dropsie? grin

I had it too. It's something to do with your ligaments loosening I think (though could be wrong). I also had/have SPD so perhaps those of us with ultra loosened ligaments have bad cases of dropsie!

The worst thing about pregnancy-related dropsie is the fact you have so few clothes that fit. And you keep dropping your dinner down your only clean/ironed outfit.

Such irony hmm

PinkTulips Thu 22-Jan-09 19:12:29

yep... dp finds it highly amusing hmm

the kids have gotton good at playing 'fetch what mummy just dropped' though grin

Bellie Thu 22-Jan-09 19:16:28

Definately have it here too - 38 weeks so am hoping that it will go away.

DD is an expert in picking everything up too grin

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 22-Jan-09 19:19:17

I was so clumsy when pg, I used to drive myself insane. Luckily it went as soon as the pg was over - hurrah!

Beantin Thu 22-Jan-09 19:20:23

hee hee....sometimes i wonder if i have any grip left. swollen fingers doesn't help. wishing i had a DD to pick things up. have to wait for DH to come home

PoppyField Thu 22-Jan-09 22:22:41

I'm 33 weeks and I've been dropping things like mad. I pick them up and then drop them again immediately. I am a klutzfest... but don't tell me there's actually a medical reason for this. I thought it was just coz my brain is sky-ing off somewhere else all the time, but my fingers do seem to just forget what they're doing sometimes.

Some people say their spatial awareness goes, but I do like to pride myself on the fact that my reverse parking is inch-perfect as usual grin !

1stMrsF Thu 22-Jan-09 22:24:00

Oh yes indeed. Usually followed by bursting into tears as I've broken whatever it was as well...

Pinkmarshmallow Fri 23-Jan-09 12:35:15

Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one then! Phew! smile And relieved to hear it goes away after birth so I shouldn't drop the baby! wink

mumoverseas Fri 23-Jan-09 12:39:33

OMG, that is exactly what I'm like at the moment, I'm dropping everything. At the supermarket the other night my DH kept laughing at me as I kept knocking things off shelves and when I tried to put them back I knocked more stuff off. I'm 35 weeks too and its just got really bad. Hope it does go when LO arrives!

purplemyrtle Fri 23-Jan-09 12:52:51

Same here, 34 weeks and attempts to clean kitchen seem to end up making it worse! Keep stubbing my toes on things that have always been there too. And ditto with the tears!

brylbump Fri 23-Jan-09 19:26:31

yes all the time i just cant help dropping things and then i get really annoyed at myself so dont worry your not alone!!

babyinbelly Fri 23-Jan-09 20:57:04

OMG I thought it was just me! Didn't realise it was an actual symptom of pregnancy. I get really frustrated cos cant breath when I have to bend over to pick it up again! Luckily I also have a helpful DS!

babyinbelly Fri 23-Jan-09 20:59:09

Also I did drop DS off the bed in hospital the same day he was born but thats cos I fell asleep and relaxed my arm. I did catch him though and it never happened again!!! blush

TallanahD Wed 15-Mar-17 04:02:53

I am 33 weeks prego and I drop everything. It's becoming an instant anger thing. 😂 Really hard to pick stuff up lately. I dropped a plate on my baby toe two days ago and broke the toe. The plate was fine though!

Longdistance Wed 15-Mar-17 04:19:31

I used to have this.

Though if I dropped it on the floor it stayed there...as you were...

Blacksheep78 Wed 15-Mar-17 04:40:19

I had 3 bouts of Dropsie. I suffered with Clumsy too - I would trip over a chalk line on the floor.

confusedat23 Wed 15-Mar-17 07:25:38

I'm only 8 weeks and i already have this 😩... i actually had a huge breakdown the other night at home crying to DH that my hands are broken lol...

Scotmum83 Wed 15-Mar-17 10:54:59

Yep, it was worse in my first pregnancy but do have it again this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now