Talk

Advanced search

Looking after toddler while #2 being born

(6 Posts)
Bluey08 Mon 19-Jan-09 19:47:24

Hi everyone. We're here from Australia and are expecting our baby #2 in April, by which time our toddler will be 18 months. We have no family here and most of my friends here work. We're trying to think of someone who we could call on to look after our toddler when baby #2 decides to make an appearance. I keep thinking and thinking about it and I can't think of anyone.
Does anyone have any ideas? are there any agencies that provide these services?
Thanks

MatNanPlusAbroad Mon 19-Jan-09 19:50:03

An Emergency/Temp Nanny?

A Doula?

A local experienced Baby Sitter?

Yurtgirl Mon 19-Jan-09 19:52:02

I had this problem too! I worried about it right up until the last minute when I discovered someone who was fantastic

Where abouts do you live in the uk?

Some childminders will offer overnight care, as a one off - in a situation like yours say

Pinkbump3 Mon 19-Jan-09 19:54:00

You should try and find a good babysitter who you can trust now, and get your toddler used to them so when the time comes they will be happy to be with them.

ThingOne Mon 19-Jan-09 20:16:14

I had planned for my DH to look after my DS1 and a doula look after me!

Bluey08 Wed 21-Jan-09 13:20:48

thanks everyone, all good ideas, i think i've been a bit paralysed re thinking about it all and couldn't come up with ANYTHING. But you're right, we need to get sorted with a good babysitter/nanny now. Yurtgirl, we're in Fulham. thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now