Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach ache 17weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
pandagirl03 Wed 14-Jan-09 21:49:49

Hello i am 17 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. I have had stomach ache most of day, it went for a few hours around dinner time and then came back. Its like when you are starting your monthlys you get that dull ache, but it seems on my left side. Just now i went to put on my pj's lifted my left leg to put in my bottoms and got a pain in my left side, it wasn't a sharp pain but enough to make me think.

Anyone got any experience of this please.

ComeWhineWithMe Wed 14-Jan-09 21:53:41

I got a lot of this around 3 weeks ago I am 21 weeks now.

Lots of pain in left side and general crampiness ,I think it may just be stretching and growing ,3 weeks ago I only felt little flutters now I am getting massive kicks and rolls so she has done a lot of growing just lately .

HTH but of you are really worried or in pain contact the MW or labour ward .

Take care.

pandagirl03 Wed 14-Jan-09 21:57:53

That you for that, i didn't really think anything is wrong. My dd was breech all the way thro last time so never felt any kicks or anything, have felt a few flutters and when we went for 12 weeks scan baby was very active. If i still got it tom might ring midwife just for peace of mind.

babycat Thu 15-Jan-09 14:54:37

Could you have a urine infection? I had stomach pain when I was 30 weeks pregnant which got progressively worse until I was bent double & thought I had appendicitis! I had no burning or urinary frequency as you expect with a urine infection. I also didn't realise the implications of a urine infection when pregnant - it can cause premature labour, so I was hospitalised for 24 hours. Don't want to worry you but best to get it checked out - hopefully it is just the stretching/growing.

pandagirl03 Thu 15-Jan-09 15:01:42

Thanks for advice i have been to see midwife as pain in alot worse, they tested me for uti it all looks clear found a trace of blood in it but said nothing to worry about. She said to go home with hot water bottle said its stretching. Its very painfull tho.

VerityClinch Thu 15-Jan-09 15:08:50

Hi pandagirl,

I have the same at 14+5. Have none of the symptoms of a uti, so think it must just be stretching. It's really uncomfy though so I sympathise.

I think, in my case, it might be because the muscles in my stomach have never had all that much asked of them before (whatever the opposite of a gym bunny is, that's me) - I have also started to show pretty early.

ilovesouthlondon Wed 03-Feb-16 11:20:35

I am 17 weeks+5 and have been in agony on my lower right stomach since yesterday lunch time. Not sure if its the kebab i had for lunch yesterday or stretching. Very worrying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now