Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Maternity pillows vs. maternity wedges

(4 Posts)
Tigerlion Fri 01-Apr-05 12:50:46

Buttonmoon suggested that I buy a maternity wedge from Mothercare to help me sleep better at night. On the internet, I see that there are both wedges which support only one side of you or double-sided maternity pillows which are thin in the middle and supportive of your bump on either side. Any tips on which is the better and most comfortable of the two? I was wide awake for two hours at 3am this morning due to not being able to sleep and I am eager to get some comfortable sleep fast. Plus there are no good TV programmes at that time!

MrsDoolittle Fri 01-Apr-05 12:54:04

Can you get both? I had a maternity wedge, I couldn't have slept without it but I see that usefulness of maternity pillows too

Leogaela Fri 01-Apr-05 16:04:04

i used an extra duvet, its easier to tuck it into the spaces where you need it. try that before spending on a maternity pillow, it is more flexible than a pillow. It didn't solve the hip pains though.

SoupDragon Fri 01-Apr-05 16:07:58

I loved my wedge pillow. I also used an ordinary pillow between my knees IYSWIM!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: