Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried about a friend following CVS test

(7 Posts)
PeppaPig Fri 01-Apr-05 09:44:52

Wasn't really sure where to put this thread...

A very close friend of mine recently had a CVS test following a very bad result at her nuchal fold scan. When I last spoke to her following the CVS, she told me that she would hear within the week. This was well over a week ago. I've not heard anything from her at all . I know that we've had Easter Bank Holidays, but apparently this was built into the estimate for how long the results would take.
I don't know whether to contact her or not. I'm in an office today so it's not really a conversation I would want to have at the moment. If you were in this situation what would you do?

WideWebWitch Fri 01-Apr-05 09:49:08

I'd leave it, it's up to her to talk when she feels ready.

Azure Fri 01-Apr-05 10:42:27

As you are a very close friend I would phone - it shows you care and are thinking of her; however, play it very much by ear. If she obviously doesn't want to talk, then say you are there for her when she is ready.

Twiglett Fri 01-Apr-05 10:45:26

Not sure I'd phone - but I might drop a card round saying you're thinking of her and to call you when she wants to chat

that way if its good news you can laugh about your gesture, but if they are working through their thoughts after not so good news then they can also call you

MommyD Fri 01-Apr-05 13:55:57

I'd leave it another week, giving her more time to call you. After that, if you still have not heard, then I would call her and let her know that you are worried about her as you have not heard from her.

inglis Wed 06-Apr-05 09:46:21

I would certainly call - if you are very close. When times are tough you want to know your friends are thinking of you. Besides it might be that she has good news to impart.

I had a bad nuchal & all the tests/scans that go with it. Remember even if the CVS was good she's still not out of the woods yet. Well, depending on the thickness of the fold. (Heart scans etc to come.) It's a horrible time and it's just lovely to know friends are thinking of you /saying a prayer, whatever

survivour Wed 06-Apr-05 09:50:45

Peppapig, if she has a mobile text her, when I had a CVS I was told to wait 4 days for the result, this was from the Homerton hospital, everytime the fone rang, my heart skipped a beat. I had caller display on the fone, and I refused to talk to even my best friends, just incase I lost it on the fone with them, it was a terrible time. And a small note in the post helps too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now