Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else crazy like me?!

(12 Posts)
babylove123 Sun 11-Jan-09 19:38:42

I had my first child 6 weeks ago. Other than severe hyperemesis and spd from 25 weeks onwards, i had a straight forward pregnancy.

I've obviously gone crazy because i am soooooo broody for number 2! Did anyone else feel like this? Anybody act on it?! DP has managed to make me wait till april/may before possibly ttc....

Am i nuts?!

fourlittlefeet Sun 11-Jan-09 19:41:22

yes... enjoy #1, its quite a rollercoaster smile. Just about to pop with #2 and its been hard looking after a toddler and being pregnant. Its not the same the second time round as you don't get the lie-ins, the pampering, the me time, you don't have the cash as you haven't been working, and you don't have the sleep when your pregnancy doesn't wake you up... your baby will.

Can understand that they are gorgeous though!

babylove123 Sun 11-Jan-09 19:48:52

Hmn i have thought about that part. However in my mind, the older DD gets, the harder she'll become to look after because she'll be crawling/walking and needing more entertainment!

Haha, am i trying to justify myself?!

fourlittlefeet Sun 11-Jan-09 19:50:29

definitely nuts then smile

shootfromthehip Sun 11-Jan-09 19:52:17

I got broody at about 6 weeks with both of my two- it wears off!! Calm yourself woman wink

oopsacoconut Sun 11-Jan-09 19:54:06

Not so nuts - I have a 19week old DD and we are trying for No2, I can't believe we didn't do this sooner - I was the same Severe sickness until 28 weeks then instead of SPD I had premature early labour from 32 weeks and a placental abruption before DD was born a at 40+5.

babylove123 Sun 11-Jan-09 19:54:52

Really?! Coz i seriously am thinking about it too much! Granted at 3am when im bleary eyed, wiping a pooey bum i wonder what the hell im considering!!!

However if i did wait a bit longer and went back to work in aug after this mat leave, i'd feel guilty announcing i was pg again.......

sweetkitty Sun 11-Jan-09 21:16:00

yes completely but blame it on the hormones

I knew straight after DD1 I wanted another, waited 9 months before ttc#2 theres 18 months between them.

With DD2 I wanted another one but waited a while this time until she had finished BFing, had a mc then anotehr pregnancy straight away 2 1/2 years between them.

I have horrendous SPD pregnancies as well, last time I swore never again now I am not so sure.

Pinkbump3 Sun 11-Jan-09 21:32:10

unless you are totally prepared for the hard work then wait a while and enjoy.

there is 14 months between my dds and it was hard work, not now they are older and play great together but bear in mind no 2 pregnancys/births or babys are the same!

and yes i agree at around 6 weeks you feel very broody again!

sweetkitty Sun 11-Jan-09 21:54:09

Also I told my friend this recently who is ttc#2 when no1 was 4 months that a 4 mo baby is easy compared to a just walking toddler, being heavily pregnant with SPD is no joke when you have a toddler to run about after too.

thisisyesterday Sun 11-Jan-09 21:55:33

haha yes!!! I felt like it.
sadly dp had other ideas and we had to wait forever til TTC again. but am due in JUne. ds2 will be 19 months

babylove123 Mon 12-Jan-09 16:38:03

Thanks for the comments

Haha yeh - DP put his foot down too! Mines more of a dilema now of timing. I return to work in Aug. If i wait to ttc till after then, i'll feel guilty for my work as it is a small company.

Anyone else felt like this? We couldnt survive on DP's money alone, our mortgage is too high - stuck on a fixed rate at 7%! Argh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now