Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Digital tests- how accurate? Questions!

(7 Posts)
usernametaken Sat 10-Jan-09 22:26:41

Today I got my a BFP. I was on cd39.

Back in October I had a missed m/c at 10weeks (I'd had a scan a week before that showed embryo hadn't made it past 5 weeks). I then had a long wait (44 days) until AF arrived. My last AF was 3rd Dec. I have no idea when I ovulated, though in the past I have been able to tell. I tested at cd28 and got a BFN, I then tested again at cd33, there could have been the feintest of lines but I passed it off as a BFN. So today, at cd39 I get a very fast BFN.
Would buying one of those tests that tells you how pregnant you are be of any use, are they reliable?
Many many thanks.

Beccabump Sat 10-Jan-09 22:56:18

hi there i use the clearblue digital as i never can decide if i am reading the other ones properly!! the digital one is great as it just says pregnant or not pregnant!! they are just as accurate as the regular tests although more pricey!!

HTH

xxx

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 10-Jan-09 22:58:08

Congratulations

xxhunnyxx Sun 11-Jan-09 00:23:14

Congratulations!
Aparently the digital tests aren't actually as sensitive as some other tests so don't give a BFP as early as some others like First Response.
I got a BFP on the test at the doctors but then did a clear blue digital a day or 2 later. I just did it cos I had one in my drawer and I thought it would be nice for me n dp to actually see the word 'PREGNANT'.
I've no idea about the tests which say how far gone u r tho. No harm in giving it a go, apart from the damage to your bank balance lol.
IMO (I'm no expert) but going off the dates of your tests n possible faint line I'd guess that u r probably about 5 weeks.
Congratulations again grin xxx

napa Sun 11-Jan-09 11:34:47

Congratulations!

I used a digital one this time - bought a pack of 2 and took the first one 2 days after af due and 16 days after I think I ov. It said that I conceived 2-3 weeks before (which fits in with what I thought). For reassurance I did the other one a week later and I said I ov more than 3 weeks before (again fits in with what I thought). So for me the conception bit was correct so far but I guess only when I have a scan can I confirm that for sure.

heverhoney1 Sun 11-Jan-09 14:02:17

I cot a free test witht he conception indicator and it was nice to know I had my dates around right (I had a very irregular cycle and was much less further on than the doc thought). Having said that the doc didnt listen to me even though I said I had done ovulation tests and tried out the conception indicator. She said no matter what I said she would put down the due date as though I had a 28 day cycle and the scan would tell me if I was any different.

Low an behold I went to my scan, told them I didnt think I was as far on as doc had said and they confirmed the dates I had to the day I predicted.

Moral of story, whether you KNOW different or not the GP wont listen to you and will just go off your AF dates anyway. So if you dont have the money to spend on these things then dont. However do be prepared that your scan will show growth behind what your dates are so dont panic!

Pinkbump3 Sun 11-Jan-09 14:23:23

i think they are like any other test to be honest!
last dec i got a false positive with a cbd i had bought a twin pack and got false + with first one then - on second and was very disappointed sad

im pg again 26 weeks now and tested with a tesco £3 at around 5 weeks and got strong pos right away.

I think all tests even though same brand can vary on results.

(by the way i just hate home preg tests in general! as became obessive with them when trying to get pg)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now