Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What was the deciding factor for you to have another baby???

(8 Posts)
fifisboys Fri 09-Jan-09 21:35:05

This is going to be hard to explain ut i have ds's, ds1 2.9 and ds2 13 month. I think i want to ttc at the end of this year after our wedding but just cant reach that final decision iykwim?
My 2 ds's have been so good,really easy babies, we are ok financially atm, ds's have a room each etc and i just wondered what was that final decider for you?

Slickbird Fri 09-Jan-09 21:48:48

Erm, getting unexpectedly pregnant when my DD2 was only 9 months. That took care of that...shock wink 3rd now due in 7 weeks.

Very difficult decision to make - it took me a year of agonising over the second and then got pregnant anyway! I think sometimes when life forces your hand, it just makes you get on with it, but God if you actually HAVE to make the decision, it can be hellish! Good luck whatever you decide to do. I think your gut instinct can tell you a lot. xx

ThePregnantHedgeWitch Fri 09-Jan-09 21:55:40

Message withdrawn

fifisboys Fri 09-Jan-09 22:08:21

I know when i had ds1 i knew i wanted another with a fairly close gap, ds1 was 20 month when i had ds2 and they are lovely together..up to now grin
I cant even explain properly how i feel about it. I can't imagine not having another baby, but then im not sure if having another baby would spoil the way things are now, not spoil in a nasty way but just disrupt, i think thats what i mean.
Ds1 would be 4 by the time i had it, thats if i fell straight away which i did with the first 2, and ds2 would be old enough for playgroup and would be ready for nursery less than a year after.
I wish i could just reach a final decsion and stick to it. I keep deciding not to have anymore, then i can't stop this feeling i get when i keep trying to tell myself im not having anymore blush

francagoestohollywood Fri 09-Jan-09 22:14:43

I don't know. I have two children and often think about having a third (I love tiny babies). But I feel too old and have no patience left for the toddler years, tbh. I guess time running fast will be the deciding factor, in that I keep putting off having another child until it's too late anyway sad

pinkmagic1 Fri 09-Jan-09 22:25:47

I have 2, one of 4 1/2 and one of 2 and would definitely like another, but am personally going to wait until my youngest is at school. She has been a very difficult and demanding baby and I really couldn't cope with her and a newborn at the moment. I feel that bringing a new baby into the house at the moment would be unfair on my existing 2. I am 29 at the moment so will still only be 32 when she starts school so time yet!

BlueSapphire77 Fri 09-Jan-09 22:32:46

I was told i wouldn't be able to have more children after experience with exp (father of my DS 11)
I have a DD 14 and a DS 11, DSD 13 DSS 7 and a DSD 6..phew
Have unfortunately never got to meet DSD 13
DP harrassed begged asked me if i would have another baby, after some checks, i was warned against but no banned as such, so had a go, got pg, had a miscarriage at 3 months, was really surprised at how gutted i was, i don't mean to sound cruel but i was devastated rather than upset..so we waited and tried again. Due to some things DP has put me through during this pg i don't know yet if i would consider another, but things are better now so might do. I just love kids but never found the right person to have them with, i thought, until i met DP.. my first two were unplanned.

Its a matter of wait and see how i feel after this LO comes along lol
It will also be my first experience of being a working mum <<worried>> as i didn't work till my two were at school, so that may be another deciding factor...

BlueSapphire77 Fri 09-Jan-09 22:34:37

was really surprised at how gutted i was, i don't mean to sound cruel but i was devastated rather than upset..

(Sorry by this i meant i didn't realise how badly i would take a miscarriage, i had had one before at a very young age)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: