Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Palpatations/ breathlessness in preg- need to see GP?

(6 Posts)

Hello

I know there have been some threads on this but I'd really appreciate some advice from anyone with experience here before I potentially waste time of my busy GP.

Im 30wks (1st baby) and regularly get strong feeling of heart racing/ pumping hard, light headededness and inability to get enough breath inside me. It's exhausting when it happens, making legs/arms weak and lie down is only thing that really helps, though it does pass.

I know weird heart rates etc can be normal in pregnancy is it worth seeing a doctor? Dont want to waste their time with 'normal pregnancy stuff'....

I work at home Mon, Tues and Friday so can lie down when feeling odd but have to commute 2hrs each way to london office Wed/ Thurs and the thought of feeling like this in the office where I cant lie down isn't appealing!

TIA xx

McDreamy Tue 06-Jan-09 10:15:49

I get this. It is def worth talking to your midwife about it esp as you are still working and can't always lie down when it happens. It's horrible and leaves feeling drained, can't do anything while my heart is going like the clappers either which is also a pain.

twinmam Tue 06-Jan-09 10:32:50

Think it can be a sign of anaemia/ iron deficiency? Nothing to panic about but def see your dr or midwife - you may have to take iron tablets.

thanks ladies- will ask MW when I see her next Tuesday.

Not sure how work in the office will go this week, didnt have this problem so bad before xmas.

Millie26 Tue 06-Jan-09 12:11:09

I would go to your GP - I thought I was getting heart palpitations and my doctor listened to my heart and then I had an ecg but it turned out that it wasnt actually palpitations it was just a weird feeling that the baby was giving my from pressure or something.

Anyway, the dr was really helpful and took it seriously and I didnt feel like a wally at all, so I would def go.

You wont be wasting their time.

mrsfossil Tue 06-Jan-09 14:28:19

Hi i had this with my ds now i'm 26 weeks with 2nd child and although i haven't had any palpatations i feel breathless. When baby engages and drops into you pelvis your breathing should feel easier as there will be less pressure on your chest. But anything that worrys you you should share with your mw. If there is aproblem she can help if its normal then at least she can put your mind at rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now