Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone have a JojoMamanBebe wrap maternity top? Is it me or is it impossible to tie?

(8 Posts)
1stMrsF Sun 04-Jan-09 18:21:37

In the catalogue, the models have loads of extra fabric to tie at the front. Mine is stretched around me tightly and I barely manage to tie it! Also, I can't figure out how to make an elegant wrap without creating a mess at the back that usually shows some flesh! Am I doing something wrong?

Any tips gratefully received, or you can just laugh at me wink

Boobz Sun 04-Jan-09 19:15:33

Hmmm - I have 4 of these - one in every colour! I don't know what you are doing wrong though - I wrap one side round and then the other and then tie at front making sure boobs are well covered and back bits are spread out so I don't have naked bits. Am 30 weeks.

I do find that when I go to the loo and ride it up, it's never as comfortable / looking as good when I just pull it all down - I have to re do it all by untying it.

Sorry - that's not much help, is it?

x

Crazycatlady Sun 04-Jan-09 20:12:21

I had two of these and found them a bit of a pain to be honest. I did the same as Boobz to get the top on but they do need a little shifting around to begin with to get the back bit looking right and I found as my arse grew throughout pregnancy it would then ride up really easily leaving an unattractive display! Also if you have a long torso and/or a low bump I don't think these tops work very well at all as they just aren't long enough.

And they do need readjusting at every loo trip too, especially if you're wearing over-bump trousers underneath.

I'm sure in the catalogue pics they're not doing the wrap around the back thing with both ends of fabric, just one. Which then leaves it a bit flappy at the front around the boob area.

I'm overdue now but I think I pretty much gave up with mine at about 33 weeks. Shame, they were so pretty... Boobz I have a lovely cream one with little pink flowers on if you want it? It's short sleeves though.

Boobz Sun 04-Jan-09 20:48:48

Oh that would be lovely Crazy! Praps on Tuesday, when we meet for walk?

elibumbum Sun 04-Jan-09 21:01:14

I have the same problem with mine. Haven't worn it for weeks because of this. Might try it again for a laugh - it was a problem at 20 weeks so I don't think I'll be going out in public with it at 36wks!

Carrie06 Sun 04-Jan-09 21:30:39

If these are similar to the Isabella Oliver ones, then you have my sympathy. My husband has to tie me up in mine and virtually impossible to go to the loo in it (as can't get it looking right again) so can only wear it for short times where there will be no loo visits.....glad I bought it for half-price on ebay! Cx

Crazycatlady Sun 04-Jan-09 21:33:23

Cool, I'll bring it along! See you Tuesday

1stMrsF Tue 06-Jan-09 19:06:14

Well, you have made me feel better anyway! I can get them looking OK, using the technique that Boobz describes, but it just takes me about 10 tries to get it right! Perhaps it's just practise. I do have a very long torso, so perhaps that's the issue; thank you Crazy for suggesting that the fault might lie with the top for not being long enough and not my inabilities grin

I am reassured. Thank goodness for Mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now