Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

has anyone ever got pg with the thingy in their arm, I cant remember the name

(12 Posts)
IAmTheNewQueenOfMN Sat 03-Jan-09 13:49:16

just wondering

I have it in my arm
I must have a bug but it is the strangest bug ever
I feel really sick but starving

only other times that happens is morning sickness

IAmTheNewQueenOfMN Sat 03-Jan-09 13:53:54

anyone

MumHadEnough Sat 03-Jan-09 13:56:23

No I'm pretty sure its almost 100% effective an the only pregnancies with it were conceived before it went in. I had to have "Implanon" taken out though as it gave me really bad migraines.

I also thought it made me hungry all the time but then decided I was just greedy and was using that as an excuse!

AnarchyAunt Sat 03-Jan-09 13:56:27

No idea. Think it is pretty reliable though.

But I felt like this for 3 weeks recently and was arrrggghhing inside, despite knowing I could not be pg. Then it went again.

IAmTheNewQueenOfMN Sat 03-Jan-09 13:56:32

I should sworn in the title wink

IAmTheNewQueenOfMN Sat 03-Jan-09 13:58:06

thats a good excuse to use though mumhadenough lol

interesting anarchy, just a weird bug then

FairLadyRantALot Sat 03-Jan-09 14:15:48

hm...how long have you had it in?If you are towards the end of it's "term" than there might be a chance it has failed.
And also, what sort of build are you? A friend was told, that because she was obese she had to have it changed earlier than a woman that is normal weight.Something to do, with it being "used" up quicker....

IAmTheNewQueenOfMN Sat 03-Jan-09 15:13:05

I have had in it for nearly two years and I am thin and have a naturally fast metabolism

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 15:14:49

You are just turning into a cyberman

it's very common grin

all part of the Grand Plan innit.

FairLadyRantALot Sat 03-Jan-09 15:30:01

is it 2 or 3 years it can be n for....I think it's 3....if so....I would think the chances of pg are slim...

by the way, ones mind is a powerful thing....and that may affect your physical well-being,etc.
I have had this in the past, where I was so worried I was pg I got all the symptoms, lol....didn't stop until I had done a couple of pg tests, that were negative grin

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 15:35:59

<<waves at three&>> smile

Lol. I felt sick for my entire cycle the month before i got pregnant. I even went and got some tablets to stop it.

Little did I know what it would really be like when I did!! shock

FairLadyRantALot Sat 03-Jan-09 15:40:17

must admit, with me it was the whole sore norks and nips thing and all that....had always been ever so lucky not to really suffer morning sickness, so, it never featured in my mind when panicking about being pg, lol.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now