Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

glue - could i have done any harm to my bean?

(6 Posts)
olivo Fri 02-Jan-09 14:32:08

I am 6 weeks pg and as i was merrily sticking a few christmas decorations together with some quite strong glue, before putting them away, i suddenly wondered if i had done my bean any harm? I'm only talking 5 mins exposure, a couple of times in the past month. I have stupidly googled and now i am panicking about the 'birth defects and spontaneous abortion' i have read about.
please tell me this is referring to people who sniff it / work with it etc....

HuwEdwards Fri 02-Jan-09 14:33:46

You will not have done any harm whatsoever.

hercules1 Fri 02-Jan-09 14:34:52

Dont worry. You're fine smile

congrats btw.

SalBySea Fri 02-Jan-09 14:38:48

its not ideal - I'd avoid it from now on but I doubt one short exposure will have done any harm whatsoever

Everyone comes across dodgy fumes at some point in their pregnancy despite their best intentions, as long as the exposures are short and few I really wouldnt worry

olivo Fri 02-Jan-09 15:03:39

i know, sal, i won't be doing it again. it's just given me something else to worry about!huw, hercules, thanks for your reassurances. i'm finding this pg so stressful and am worrying about everything,as well as feeling far worse than last time.

VillageMum Fri 02-Jan-09 17:25:45

olivo, was just about to reply to your post when I realised it was you; hello there! ((waves)) Don't worry - I have the same panics daily and find myself worrying about everything I've breathed in/eaten/drunk/thought(!). It's the hormones at work - just keep reminding yourself that it's normal not to be completely rational at the moment! When you see your little bean kicking on the scan in a few weeks you'll feel immensely reassured. Hang in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now