Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very slight bleed at 29 weeks. Help ASAP please!

(9 Posts)
megi Sun 27-Mar-05 17:46:18

A am a tad worried and I am not sure if I should be. I noticed a slightly blood-stained discharge last night and today. It looks exactly like the show I had 12 hours before dd was born. Had several contraction-like pains last night but they stopped after a couple of hours. No real pains today. Should I phone the hospital? Am only 29 weeks.

morningpaper Sun 27-Mar-05 17:47:43

I would give your midwife a ring and explain things to her. If there is any concern she should arrange a scan or examination ASAP. I've found mine to really helpful with this in particular. Good luck xxx

(P.S. Have you been shagging a lot in the last couple of days?! Might be a cervical erosion? Just a thought.)

Cooperoo Sun 27-Mar-05 17:59:01

I would contact your midwife too just to be on the safe side. Hope all is OK. I am nearly 29 weeks too. I am sure it will be nothing serious if it is just a slight bleed but worth checking out. Good Luck and sorry I can't help more.

megi Sun 27-Mar-05 17:59:32

Well actually......We did bonk just before the bleed! I take it a cervical errosion would not be anything to worry about?

trefusis Sun 27-Mar-05 18:01:36

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Sun 27-Mar-05 18:05:44

No cervical erosion is quite normal. This is what happened to me (I think) a couple of weeks ago and I panicked because it looked just like a how (mucousy and bloody). I would ring your midwife to discuss anyway if you get a chance but it SOUNDS just like it from what you say (I blame the long bank holiday!).

Let me have a look for some quotes ...

"During pregnancy, the cervix becomes softer and is more prone to bleeding. If the cervix bleeds during intercourse or with a pap smear, it is usually painless; although it may recur, typically, in a few days it turns brown and goes away."

and from another site:
"Minor trauma : Bleeding may be due to minor local problems involving the cervix such as a cervical erosion or polyp. Light bleeding sometimes occurs following sexual intercourse or a cervical exam and is rarely anything to worry about."

morningpaper Sun 27-Mar-05 18:06:08

how = show

bunny2 Sun 27-Mar-05 21:43:25

i had this at 33 wks and went to the hospital. They checked me out, did an internal and monitored me for a few hours then let me go home. The same happened again around 36 wks and again I had it all checked out. I gave birth naturallly at 41 wks. Do go and get it checked, it is almost certainly nothing to be concerned about but a checkup should ease your worries.

helsi Sun 27-Mar-05 21:45:44

I had 2 cervical erosions, 1 at 29 weeks the other at 36 weeks. Went to hospital for checking out to put my mind at rest. Stayed in overnight bother times just for monitoring but everything was fine. I would ring midwife just to put your mind at rest if anything.

PS - tell him to be more gentle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now