Talk

Advanced search

So how many other geriatric Mumsnet mums-to-be are there?

(19 Posts)
bayleaf Fri 25-Mar-05 18:52:26

Am intrigued - having read a wonderful thread in Conception about how easy it is to get pregnant at advanced ages.... And I'm not in the least jealous ......Ok, yes I am HIDIOUSLY so ( it ONLY took 3.5 years and 8 attempts at ivf/ICSI to get pregnant second time round !) but I'm glad if it's true too so that maybe I won't feel such a freak if there are similar numbers out there in the real world.... OH, but I forgot Mumsnet ISN'T actually the real world is it, it's a parellel universe!
SO any 40+ mums-to be please put your hands up and be counted ( if you can let go of your zimmer-frames without falling over...)

WideWebWitch Fri 25-Mar-05 18:54:30

Bayleaf, are you pregnant? Congratulations! That's great. There's a thread on this, hang on

WideWebWitch Fri 25-Mar-05 18:55:13

calling old duffers or up the duffers, here!

WideWebWitch Fri 25-Mar-05 18:55:55

Oh sorry, durr, you meant you'd read that thread and it isn't always easy? Silly me! But I'm very pleased to hear your news anyway.

JanH Fri 25-Mar-05 18:59:24

I wonder if the use of geriatric means bayleaf is talking about bubble's thread?

Quite a few on there found they had a burst of late fertility, bayleaf - hope it hits (in a manner of speaking!)you too

bayleaf Fri 25-Mar-05 19:29:15

OH thanks WWW - NO I hadn't found that one - I'd found Bubble's - and then looked for an oldies thread in pregnancy - seemed logical to me(!)
Yes it is great to be pregnant - and pretty nice to be back on Mumsnet - I'd forgotten how much FUN it is ( well compared to ivf sites anyhow!!!)
Off to read the duffers thread!

WideWebWitch Sat 26-Mar-05 08:12:18

Oh fab Bayleaf, I know how much you wanted another. I had my girl, did you know? She's now 16 months!

Prufrock Sat 26-Mar-05 12:09:53

Oh bayleaf congratulations, and welcome back.

Marina Sat 26-Mar-05 20:09:34

Bayleaf! Oh, I'm so happy for you!
I lost your e-mail addy and haven't seen you here for so long, welcome back and huge congratulations! When are you due? How are you all?

aloha Sat 26-Mar-05 20:13:09

I've just had a little girl - six weeks old - at the age of 41. She's wonderful, beautiful and perfect and I feel great. Fat, but great
Oh, and one of my friends is pg at 41 too. We don't look old and we don't feel old.

Merlin Sat 26-Mar-05 20:15:54

42 expecting no2 in 2 weeks - feeling vvvv ancient at moment though!!!!

bayleaf Sun 27-Mar-05 20:54:03

HI again - no WWW - logic tells me you had to have had your baby as I did know you were pregnant - but I didn't know you'd had a dd- you had a ds before didn't you? So presumably you're enjoying having a dd to dress up - and, of course, how marvellous to have 'the joy of Barbie' to look forward to
ALoha - it's good to know 'old bodies' can still hack it - and feel good - I'm not sure that I don't look old - but I certainly feel great!
Marina - hi - it's lovely to be back in touch- I do feel I'm amongst friends here ( as indeed I do on the ivf site to be fair - but it's darn sight more fun reading threads here!)How is your lovely dd getting on? I'm feeling really well - fat ( ate too much when stressed the first 12 weeks and I'm eating jellies out of one of dd's easter eggs as I type...)but having bought a doppler I'm not stressed about how the baby's doing now- and having realised how much the baby's heart slowed down after my 12 week scan ( I'm 16 now)I realise what my stress levels were doing it it and have been determind to stay happy and unstressed since then. I'm due 11th/12th Sept depening who you believe - I'm going for 12th as I can't stand the thought of any smart ass comments...

aloha Sun 27-Mar-05 21:08:58

Bayleaf, remember it's only MY opinion that I don't look old - but I do feel very happy. I now have three washing piles though - darks, whites and pinks!

helsi Sun 27-Mar-05 21:11:17

I was told at my hopsital that "geriatric" for baby having purposes was 30!!!! OMG

WideWebWitch Sun 27-Mar-05 23:11:37

Bayleaf, I am very, very much enjoying the Barbie shoes and pink stuff, yes, my other is a ds. IIRC I directed you to some partic fab Barbie pink shoes in Woolworths and now I can buy them!

bayleaf Mon 28-Mar-05 09:00:11

Yes you did!!! They were great - it's bizarre what sticks in your memory isn't it? Dd has the BIGGEST dressing up box ( well, 2 it won't fit in one) due in part to my 'car boot' addiction - I've picked up maybe 20 odd outfits that would have cost loads new - but when her little friends come round it's all they want to play - and let's face it, a girl can never have too many handbags, wands, featherboas, sparkly shoes etc!
Glad you're enjoying it !

iota Mon 28-Mar-05 09:32:13

hi bayleaf - nice to see you posting again. As I'm sure I've mentioned on the threads you've been reading, I had my ds's at 40 and 42. People always think I'm a lot younger than I am because of the 3 yr old trailing after me

madness Mon 28-Mar-05 09:46:32

only 41 and expecting no 3 in Oct

Sliminside Tue 29-Mar-05 08:15:24

Hi all well i turned 40 on the 27th March so that makes me an old duffer and i`m also pregnant with my second child (about 7 weeks) so it was a very sober birthday for me this year, really looking forward to my scan date coming and wishing the next 5 weeks away. Anyway congrats to all the other old duffers that are expecting best of luck and health to you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now