Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant. Help!

(8 Posts)
CrySis Tue 16-Dec-08 19:46:11

Long story short: I have a 4 yr old and a 4 mth old. Just found out I am pregnant (cant be more than 6 weeks preg, as this was first time we had sex)

My gut feeling: terrified, but delighted.

Realistically: Very, very worried as I have had two c-sections and was told not to get pregnant for another year or two . Also had complications in last pregnancy (high blood pressure, obstetric cholestasis) and don't know how I will cope. DH and I had agreed to stop at 2 children, too, so unsure as top how he will deal with this news (think he will cack his pants, to be honest).

Don't know what I want to hear, really. Some ray of hope for this situation?

TheSeriousSanta Tue 16-Dec-08 19:48:01

Wow.... Congratulations!!

Go with your gut feeling. You will be fine.

Sorry, no better advice.

MrsMattie Tue 16-Dec-08 20:24:44

Congrats.! No advice (sorry), but bumping for you!

FiveDollarShake Tue 16-Dec-08 20:33:27

Congratulations!

I think it's only natural for you to feel overwhelmed and terrified by your news after all you're still a 'new mum' to your 4 month old. But you say you're delighted and your post sounds very positive. Talk to your DH. You might both be in shock for a while but it'll get easier. Just think....by next christmas you'll have 3 DC's....how exciting is that? smile

CrySis Wed 17-Dec-08 14:06:44

Thanks for all replies so far.

Just bumping for the daytime crowd.

I'd really love to hear from anyone who has had c-sections very close together, as the thought of this really scares me.

xxhunnyxx Wed 17-Dec-08 22:52:10

I agree with fivedollarshake, u need to speak to DH.
I'm sorry but I have no experiences of c-sections but i'm sure you will be fine but I suppose you will need to hear that from a Doctor to put your mind at ease.
Speak to your DH asap, you'll feel better once you know how he feels about it, it's always the not-knowing that makes things seem worse x

TheSeriousSanta Thu 18-Dec-08 13:44:37

Well, I had a C section and at my 6 week check, I told my consultant that I wanted another child, and he didn't think it strange to have 2 C sections close together.

That was at the Portland though, which I think is probably slightly more 'pro' C sections than the NHS.

metoo2222 Thu 18-Dec-08 17:34:54

my friend has just had her fourth section. There was 14 months between the third and fourth and all was fine )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now