Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car Seat Belt For Bump

(10 Posts)
CharBell Wed 23-Mar-05 19:46:39

Has anyone tried one of those seat belts that takes the force onto your thighs instead of the bump? Anyone know - if they are easy to use, if they are actually safe, if they are easy to move to passenger side when you are not driving and if you have to do anything repulsive like pass it between your legs to put it on?

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 19:48:19

I had one 10 years ago that was a mat that had a strap thing that belt went though

Never wear skirts so not prob there

felt very happy with it

kid Wed 23-Mar-05 19:50:21

I think they are useful in the earlier stages of pregnancy. As you get bigger, the seatbelt will stay under the bump anyway.

vicdubya Wed 23-Mar-05 20:16:17

Yes, yes, bloomin hope so, yes, no!!!

Used on from about 12 weeks until I was on the way to the hospital in labour.

It did give me peace of mind, I was paranoid all the way through my pg about everything.

Allyco Wed 23-Mar-05 20:33:16

agree with vic. Used mine from about three months and for little while afterwards to protect c-section scar. Got all sad and weepy when time came to get rid of it...

SamCattie Thu 24-Mar-05 08:40:56

I still have mine and its great!
I have used it since I was 3 months pregnant. Its like a velcro strip that you feed the belt thropugh and it sits on your lap very comfortable!!!

Gem13 Thu 24-Mar-05 08:57:18

I used mine for both pregnancies as a driver and passenger.

The NCT sell them here

Gem13 Thu 24-Mar-05 08:58:43

You sit on a very thin cushion with velcro straps and put these round the lap belt.

The rest of the 'cushion' ties behind the seat.

Twiga Thu 24-Mar-05 09:18:34

I bought one a couple of weks ago - dh insisted they were a good idea - very easy to use as per Gem13's discription. Was suprised at how simple a contraption they are to use and to fit. The way they hold the seat belt matches the diagram on the leaflet I was given by my midwife about how to wear my seatbelt when pg so would assume that they are safe enought to use.

shhhh Thu 24-Mar-05 10:35:26

Hi, I agree. My friend bought me one as a pregnancy gift and I to used it from about 8-10 weeks onwards. To be honest it makes dh & I feel safe when i'm in the car and I use it whether i'm the driver or passenger as it's easy to move from car to car. dh now won't even let me go in a car unless I am wearing my "bump belt" ahh bless !! As i'm short at 4ft 11in seat belts don't always fit me right but the belt seems to do the trick.
You can also get them from boots and I think blooming marvelous.Priced at £20 they are worth it in our eyes.
Only problem is: You need to make sure the velcro part is stuck/closed when not in use or it sticks to your seats and makes them pluck/bobble

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now