Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Headaches and period pain

(4 Posts)
tiny01 Tue 22-Mar-05 10:14:15

Just had two sleepness nights with period type pain and headaches. anyone else have this? is this normal?

Maddison Tue 22-Mar-05 11:14:37

How far on are you Tiny?

When I was approx 12 weeks pg with both pregnancies I had REALLY bad headaches, quite frequent too and was advised by the MW to take paracetamol, but if it didn't work to get in touch with GP as it could be a sign of bloodpressure, this went on until I was about 17 weeks, now at 32 weeks, I very rarely get a headache (except for DH & DS lol)

As for the period pain, I have had those aswell, when I asked my MW about them she had a feel and said that it could be a limb there. If you are worried phone your MW.

HTH

starlover Tue 22-Mar-05 11:39:08

I also used to get headaches a lot during the first 3 months of my pregnancy. Also advised to take paracetamol, but a lot of the time I found I was ok if I just lay in a dark room.
The period type pain could just be everything stretching and getting bigger...

tiny01 Tue 22-Mar-05 11:54:40

just had a sleep. sorry forgot to say I am 39wks so at the last hurdle. If I get it again I will call the midwife. The headaches are a new one to me. You kind of expect the period pains but it doesnt feel like a braxton hicks. Maybe it is the pressure. Thanks for your replys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now