Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breathlessness?

(16 Posts)
KVG Mon 21-Mar-05 11:09:34

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 11:11:55

maybe you are anaemic? ask the mw to check your bloods

when your bump drops down a bit the breathlessness will ease

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Mar-05 11:12:47

It's normal. Just take things easy, slow life down a bit and all will be well. I think I had incredible breathlessness for all 4 of my pregnancies. Keep doing what you're doing. Mention it to your midwife if you keep feeling worried, but it all sounds pretty normal to me. Congratulations by the way!

KVG Mon 21-Mar-05 11:21:54

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Mar-05 11:26:49

whenever my sisters phoned they'd tell me off for running to the phone. I lost count of the times I told them that I was sitting still with the phone beside me lol.

mummytosteven Mon 21-Mar-05 11:29:01

in case it is low iron, try and have orange juice with red meat/iron rich foods, as that will assist iron absorption

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Mar-05 11:31:03

maybe ask snafu for her bag of frozen spinach lol

KVG Mon 21-Mar-05 11:36:34

Message withdrawn

orangina Mon 21-Mar-05 15:33:59

KVG, I was incredibly breathless at about the same stage of my pg as you (now 37 weeks), and still am quite a lot. Baby hasn't engaged yet, but have been feeling better recently as I have been cutting down on work and stress in general... Iron could be partly to do with it, might be worth taking Floradix until your bloods results come through (can buy it over the counter from your chemist).... double the dose, it will be good for you whether or not you are anaemic, won't bung you up like a lot of iron tablets (sorry if tmi...). It WILL get better! Also, I found alchohol made it (breathlessness)definitely worse ....

tiny01 Tue 22-Mar-05 10:01:49

Hi KVG, I had the same as you but at 20wks and I couldnt even do up my shoes without taking a break even though I wasnt that big. I felt terrible so GP Sent me to have Iron checked which was fine then he found out I had a Systolic heart murmer which can occur in pregnancy and is harmless. Then he sent me for checks on my lungs to see if there were any blood clots. All was clear but I continued to feel breathless for the next 4wks or so. I am now 39wks and I feel like a spring chicken with almost no breatlessness unless I climb the stairs, which is weird. Have all the other pregnancy things (sore ribs, sleep deprivation, weeing) but not the breathlessness. So hopefully yours will disapear of its own accord too. sorry cant offer any help.

KVG Tue 22-Mar-05 10:47:36

Message withdrawn

tiny01 Tue 22-Mar-05 12:12:18

yes I though my chest would explode and I could feel my pulse in my head. My husband thought I was going to expire. It was knackering. I also slept more then than when I was in the first trimester and now. Weird! MY baby has still not dropped yet so I should be more breathless. It is also worrying so get your GP to check everything to put your mind at rest.

KVG Tue 22-Mar-05 15:17:04

Message withdrawn

tiny01 Tue 22-Mar-05 15:43:26

yeah I had a sleep today so it seems ok. It is just at night for two nights maybe I am doing too much. I am going to do bugger all for the next week. They say second pregnancys you have more pains cos everything is all ready stretched. ah well nearly there. My first pregnancy was a dream. Thats why it is so worrying when something is different. I hope you feel better soon.

CharBell Wed 23-Mar-05 19:48:41

For what it is worth. I had it since 20 weeks which is less usual. It is fine (got anaemia checked) but it is DEFINITELY (despite my boss disagreeing) stress related because I went away for a long weekend and it magically disappeared, even though I was doing big hill walks. Soon came back a few days into work!

Nimme Wed 23-Mar-05 19:53:42

I was breathless from very early in second pregnancy - much earlier than bump appeared. It didn't get any worse as I got bigger though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now