Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raspberry Leaf during pregnancy?

(9 Posts)
LooneyLaura Sat 19-Mar-05 22:35:20

I used raspberry leaf during my first pregnancy and thankfully worked as I was only in labour for 1 hour!

Due again in June, but cant remember when it is safe to start taking? Can anyone advise?

Dont want to ask midwife as they arent keen on you taking things like that.

MadameButterfly Sat 19-Mar-05 22:36:45

From 37 weeks IIRC

mmmmchocolate Sat 19-Mar-05 22:37:34

Think its said to be safe after last 6 weeks.. but then some books say drink all way through but i drunk it for last few weeks and didn't make any difference.

LooneyLaura Sat 19-Mar-05 22:38:11

Thanks!

Was gonna buy some but think I'll wait for a while in that case.

norash40 Sat 19-Mar-05 22:39:40

I started at 35 weeks I am now 38+4 and hope it works for me. Most people start at 36 weeks though.

LooneyLaura Sat 19-Mar-05 22:44:58

SIL just had first baby on Thursday and was apparently taking raspberry leaf too. She was only in labour for 2 hours.

Have heard it works wonders and I swear by it myself!

Nerthus Wed 30-Mar-05 20:39:49

I've just found out I'm pregnant and want to know more about what to do or not do - haven't heard about raspberry leaf - is it meant to be bad for you in early stages - can it cause miscarriage or something?

motherinferior Wed 30-Mar-05 20:41:10

You're only supposed to take it in the last few weeks so I'd steer off it, N.

Mind you, there is Much Debate as to whether it works at all

motherinferior Wed 30-Mar-05 20:45:28

have just sent you helpful article btw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now