Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

dizzy spell?

(3 Posts)
moschops Fri 18-Mar-05 09:13:03

i am just over 15 weeks and last night after i got out of the bath i felt really dizzy.......i put it down to standing up too fast after getting out of the bath but even an hour later it was still happening.

it eased up a bit but then, when i went to bed it got really bad when i closed my eyes.

the only way i can describe it is that 'spinning out' feeling you get when you go to bed after a few drinks too many. this morning i feel ok, but every now and then get this really awful feeling again.

is this normal or should i phone my midwife? i don't want to bother her if it's not important/serious. i'm not overly worried about it, but thats why i'm asking for advice. i can be a sod for suffering when i should be asking for help!!!!

fuzzywuzzy Fri 18-Mar-05 09:16:50

Ring your midwife, I used to get dizzy spells when expecting dd2 but it was down to not eating on time and it didn't carry on for as long as your spell seems to be doing. Ring the midwife, just to set your mind at ease.

Piccalilli Fri 18-Mar-05 10:31:03

I had this earlier this week (13 weeks today)- the doctor said it could
be anaemia, could just be low blood sugar or a reaction to the pregnancy hormones though. Might be a good idea to get yourself checked out - one other thing my doctor said is that your blood pressure can plummet in pregnancy and that can make you feel light-headed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: