Talk

Advanced search

crampy pains, help!

(5 Posts)
dibleydoughnut Thu 17-Mar-05 19:02:08

i am 24 weeks pg, and since about 8-12 weeks have been getting crampy period type pains, i seem to get them constantly, i have had the 11 week and 20 week scan and the baby is fine, ive told my gp and midwife and theyve just said oh theyre probably growing pains, they dont seem concerned cos im not bleeding, but i thought growing pains were like stabbing pains, mine feel like period pains when you are due on, i cant help worrying all the time, is anyone else experiencing these cramps a lot, or anyone else had them in previous pregnancys? i need reassurance

beansprout Thu 17-Mar-05 19:04:27

It's completely ok. That's what your uterus feels like when it stretches. We usually only feel it when we have periods but it feels like this in preg. too. I had the same, was worried, but it is completely normal.

starlover Fri 18-Mar-05 09:45:41

I had those too... don't worry, it's completely normal!

mrsflowerpot Fri 18-Mar-05 09:47:27

I'm still having them at 28 weeks on and off. Like you they started around 8 weeks, exactly the same in last pg too.

norash40 Fri 18-Mar-05 09:49:07

Had them too, was really worried but all turned out well. Now 38+3. But don't hesitate to ask your midwife if you get any worries. If only just to put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now