Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

need posh dress for wedding - will be 17 weeks but am huge at 11...

(5 Posts)
Joseyjo Thu 17-Mar-05 13:03:27

Where can i get a smart, comfortable non-black outfit for a wedding in May? It is in Leeds so can't be too flimsy.
I am already feeling huge (and giggling at the mirror in the ladies at work because no-one has said anything yet!!!!!) and don't fit into anything. It is second pregnancy so to be expected, but my ribs have already moved... v v odd.
help please?!!!

Pamina3 Thu 17-Mar-05 13:06:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Joseyjo Thu 17-Mar-05 13:15:58

Thanks for that! Makes interesting reading anyhow!!
Problem is - I don't really work in dresses, i am really shortwaisted, so they are always too long in the body and look silly. I have found that this is made worse by having huge expanses of fabric at the front to accomodate expanding belly.
maybe i will bite the bullet and go into town - i can never tell if i like thing from pictures.

have to share though - there is a lovley skirt in H&M at the mo, it has a wide elasticated waist to go over bump and then is flared out underneath. i haven't bought it yet.. but i it is on my wish list. not really smart enough for a wedding though...

Pamina3 Thu 17-Mar-05 14:08:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

diamonte Wed 30-Mar-05 10:27:53

Hi Joseyjo

I have just been to my cousins wedding the weekend before last and left it to the last min to get something as wasnt sure how big I would get and wasnt sure of weather. I was 16 weeks. I managed to get something in Etam of all places - they do bigger sizes and still very stylish - i got myself a jade dress which was very flattering and could wear a bra under and a cream fur boloro from accessorise (although didnt wear much as was such a warm day) and got really lovely comments all day - Etam is not a shop i normally go in but will do from now on as they had so much in bigger sizes. I couldnt find anything in maternity. Am finding the stuff in there to casual for special occasions. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now