Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone recommend a pregnancy yoga dvd?

(6 Posts)
pinkmama Wed 16-Mar-05 19:55:14

Hi, seem to be seizing up rapidly and only 20 weeks pregnant. Have given up hope of ever making it out of house to exercise, can anyone recommend a yoga dvd in the vain hope I might do some exercise?

orangina Thu 17-Mar-05 05:01:31

hi pinkmama, can't recommend a video/dvd, but CAN recommend going to a class, if there is such a thing near you.... where do you live? I have been going more or less weekly since about 14 weeks (am now 36+), and really enjoy it.... good to get out and do something for just ME, and meet all the other mothers to be (all at various stages of pregnancy...), as well as the stretching and breathing. Sorry I can't help with the video!

pinkmama Thu 17-Mar-05 17:38:44

thanks orangina, there are classes near me, just find it hard to make the time to get out, should try harder I suppose, as you say the ME time alone would be worth it.
Good luck with the rest of your pg and birth!

Roobedoo Thu 17-Mar-05 17:48:15

I couldn't find a yoga one, but a good pilates one is 'pilates for pregnancy', similar to yoga I think. I only did it a few times during preg but would certainly use it more next time. One friend who did pilates throughout pregnancy has sprung back into shape and has no back probs whatsoever whereas the rest of us have various aches/twists/pains.

LadyLazarus Fri 18-Mar-05 09:45:47

Pinkmama - I am using Wendy Teasdill's Yoga for Pregnancy + Childbirth, and it's really relaxing. Has some good stretches in it, based on (but modified) classic yoga postures. The woman's voice is a bit "mumsy", but I quiet like her!!

orangina Sat 19-Mar-05 09:05:08

Thanks pinkmama, hope you find a class you like, and enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now