Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you pack your bag for hospital???

(20 Posts)
trinityrocks Wed 16-Mar-05 08:20:17

Just for fun, cause my friend keeps bugging me that I haven't done it yet and I'm due in 3 weeks!!!

PiccadillyCircus Wed 16-Mar-05 08:21:13

I packed mine by about 34 weeks which was good as from 35 weeks onwards I was in and out of hospital until DS was born at 38 weeks.

Kelly1978 Wed 16-Mar-05 08:26:41

My booklet says to pack 4 weeks before you are due. I only packed mine last week tho and I'm nearly 37 wks with twins.

Hazellnut Wed 16-Mar-05 09:19:46

I didn't - dh had to do it when I was admitted to hospital to deliver at 37 weeks and wasn't even allowed home to pack !

starshaker Wed 16-Mar-05 10:36:10

i packed mine when i was 31 weeks because i was taken into hospital and i had absolutely nothing not even a nighty. so decided it wouldnt be like that again so go all organised. only 4 weeks to go yay

Ellbell Wed 16-Mar-05 10:36:52

Errrr... when in labour! Ooops!

vict17 Wed 16-Mar-05 10:37:37

a couple of weeks before the due date I think

helsi Wed 16-Mar-05 10:38:31

3 weeks before due date.

Furball Wed 16-Mar-05 10:41:02

After my waters had broken, running around the house with a towel between my legs and a check list from some magazine. The only thing I forgot was my face moisturiser! I was 3 weeks early though. Now, what was dh doing during this, arh yes, he was setting up the video to tape Top Gear! Strangely that it now DS (3) favourite programme and everything has to stop for Jeremy Clarkson.

Leogaela Wed 16-Mar-05 19:22:20

I packed a couple of things about 4 weeks before (when I thought I was leaking water and it may start). I finished packing in the morning after my waters broke before going into hospital. Ds arrived almost 3 weeks early. I think it is worht thinking about and planning what to take but not pack it until last minute.

franke Wed 16-Mar-05 19:29:40

Probably about a week before my due date last time. I had 2 bags - one for if we only stayed a short time and one for if I had to stay for several days. Although we were in and out within 12 hours, we still ended up with both bags and a load of other stuff requiring abour 3 trips to the car to get it all in again.

Gem13 Wed 16-Mar-05 19:31:08

Three weeks before first time.

Second time (elective c-section) the night before. Didn't want to tempt fate by being prepared earlier.

motherinferior Wed 16-Mar-05 19:54:46

Can't remember first time.

Sort of during, in a vague way, second time (16 days ahead of EDD) but never managed to find any Big Pants in case of a C-section, and ended up staying at home (as planned).

zubb Wed 16-Mar-05 20:07:55

about a week before my due dates I think

Kiwicath Wed 16-Mar-05 20:08:13

Was so so sure babe was going to be overdue so didn't pack bag until about an hour before birth - all happened rather quickly!

Amanda3266 Wed 16-Mar-05 20:11:15

I was a midwife so knew to pack from 35 weeks. But I didn't do this as it just didn't feel imminent. In then end I did it at 39 weeks and then went two weeks over.

CrazyDi Wed 16-Mar-05 23:20:29

First time I was induced and packed the night before my induction , and second time I went into labour 8 days over and packed a terrible bag during my contractions with nothing I needed in it!!

When I had my son they provided milk, bottles etc so I didnt take any of that second time round, and after having daughter I had to send hubby to asda quick to buy sterilised bottles and ready done milk!!

I am now 36 weeks and yet again have nothing ready, even though they are talking about inducing me early due to complications!!

I am seriously the most unorganised woman EVER!!

norash40 Wed 16-Mar-05 23:42:28

I packed my bag at 32 weeks. Too early?

nightowl Thu 17-Mar-05 00:31:32

wish id packed mine earlier with ds. he was born at 33 weeks and i had NOTHING!! apart from no hospital bag, we had to have a major shopping spree..next time round i was packed and ready to go at 24 weeks...and baby was late!

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 01:02:23

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now