Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

heart palpitations?

(3 Posts)
dibleydoughnut Tue 15-Mar-05 13:54:18

anyone getting heart palpitations or flutterings? am 24 wks and getting these, very strange!

Tipex Tue 15-Mar-05 19:10:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HuskyGirl Thu 17-Mar-05 12:21:43

Hi dibleydoughnut!

Yep me too, I had that from 20 weeks for about 15 weeks, I actually found it very scary as at times it just felt like my heart was going to stop! Strangely it got worse everytime i got a cold too, probably something to do with it working harder? It also took my breath away a few times.I went to the GP to get it checked and he listened to my heart and said it was fine and that the heart has to work a lot harder to pump the blood around. He did check me for anemia too though as apparently it can be a sign of that. I have had them a couple of times after giving birth but i developed anemia after the birth and due to a major haemorage. A quick check with your GP should put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: