Talk

Advanced search

dilemma about baby clothes

(9 Posts)
rascalboys Mon 03-Nov-08 10:43:57

I am pg and lots of lovely friends have given me lots of baby stuff, for which I am very grateful. This is my third so I do still have lots though, but still, it's very kind of them. They never want any money for them so I usually buy their child a little present and them some wine/chocs, or a voucher.

Anyway, this morning someone I don't know too well gave me 3 bin bags of clothes!!! I don't know what I'm having yet and these were mixed clothes. I came home and sorted them into boys and girls clothes (they are mainly girls - I'm pretty sure I'll have a boy). What do I offer her for them? I don't want to be paying her for all the clothes when if it's a boy I'll have bags I don't need. Baby not due for 24 weeks!

What would you do?

BabyBaby123 Mon 03-Nov-08 10:45:49

did she say she wanted paying? if not then I wouldn't give her anything - she's been friendly and probably wanted rid of them. You could give her the girls stuff back if you find out you are having a boy I suppose...

rascalboys Mon 03-Nov-08 10:46:54

she said she didn't want anything but I think I feel awkward cos she's not a close friend (although I have known her for a while to say hello to).

tristaleejac Mon 03-Nov-08 10:55:13

a little thankyou card would be enough if you really want to do something. I just recently gave away about the same amount of clothes to someone I haven't known for that long, I was just glad to have someone to give them to. Don't worry about it.

rascalboys Mon 03-Nov-08 10:56:23

thank you. Just wanted to know what the general opinion was feel better now x

elkiedee Mon 03-Nov-08 10:56:31

Don't worry about paying her, she probably wanted to get them out of her house and thought giving them to you would be a good way. I know I feel sentimental about baby clothes but there will be a point when I have to say I'm not having more kids and I have to make myself part with their old stuff.

Buda Mon 03-Nov-08 11:04:07

I know that lots of my friends here pass bags of clothes on. I think the general view is that what goes around comes around.

I think it's lovely. Admired something on a friend's 6 month old DD recently and realised it was something I had bought for another friend's DD and most recent baby to wear it is the 3rd one to do so! All of the wearees have been friends so it's really nice imho.

CuppaTeaJanice Mon 03-Nov-08 11:11:40

Just make sure you carry on the goodwill by passing them on to somebody else when you're finished with them! smile

ninedragons Mon 03-Nov-08 11:12:02

Heartfelt thanks are all that's necessary.

Everyone loves to see things that are cluttering up their place go to a good home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now